Big Data and Special Projects Manager at Vodacom
- Company: Vodacom
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Big Data and Special Projects Manager
• Co-creating Advanced Machine Learning products that drive revenue, reduce cost and improve CX.
• Developing big data monetization propositions and manage their end to end (E2E) execution.
• Delivering actionable insights to support and contribute toward the delivery of CVM objectives and targets.
• Contributing to the wider community to enable an Advanced Machine Learning capability across Vodafone globally
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Identify, Analyse and Interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Support the extraction of data (ETL) from multiple sources.
• Manage E2E go to market execution for big data and special projects propositions.
• Communicate analytics and ML model results to business users.
• Development of machine learning models for various areas of the business on the Big Data Platform.
Key performance indicators:
• Number of Initiatives powered by ML
• Timely delivery of the Big data and ML plans as specified on the roadmap
• Revenue uplift and customer conversion rates
• Quality of support and stakeholder alignment
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Excellent analytical, logical and casual reasoning skills.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Ability to anticipate customer, competitor and market dynamics
• Able to challenge the status quo
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• 4+ years of experience in similar big data and data science role.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Data Journalism, or related fields
• Significant knowledge of customer driven marketing techniques and processes
• Proficiency in Python and associated data Science ecosystem, Machine Learning and Experiments Design.
• Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
• Project knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th July, 2021.