Bank Teller x28 at The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
- Company: The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Tanzania
The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) is a Semi-Autonomous Public Institution which is 100% owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It was established on June, 30 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree as repealed and replaced by the Companies Act No. 15 of 2013. The primary function was to carry on the business on commercial banking activities in all of its Branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic Banking Services through its Branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related Commercial Banking Services.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services and thus inviting the applications from qualified and energetic human capital with the right knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant posts below:
Post: : BANK TELLER
Location : Unguja 14, Pemba 6, Dar es Salaam 4, Mtwara 4
Handling customer financial transactions like deposits and withdrawals, transfers, count and balance currency ensuring customer satisfaction. Promote bank products and services
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Banking and Finance or Islamic Banking qualifications, Economics, Commerce, Finance, and Accounting from any recognized University.
Key skills and Competencies:
- Professional qualifications such as CPB and equivalent shall be an added advantage
- experience in internship in bank branch operations
- Strong numerical ability
- Good listening and communication skills (writing and presentation) in English and Kiswahili
- Customer service orientation
- Computer literacy
- Some experience at bank branch operations would be desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in Islamic banking will be an added advantage.
- Smart and presentable individual
- Strong communication Able to work independently and efficiently
- Handling currency, transactions, and confidential information in a responsible manner
- Receive and count working cash at beginning of shift.
- Service customers by completing account transactions
- Identify customer, validate and cash checks.
- Accept cash and checks for deposit and check accuracy of deposit slip.
- Maintaining and balancing cash drawers and reconciling discrepancies
- Perform specialized tasks such as preparing cashier’s checks, personal money orders, issuing traveler’s checks and exchanging foreign currency.
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures.
- Comply with all bank financial and security policy and regulations
- Balance currency, cash and checks in cash drawer at end or each shift
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
Term of service:
- Three (3) years contract (Renewable).
- Age limit of not more than thirty-five (35) years as at 30th September, 2020
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate along with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
Method of Application
Applications from interested candidates should submitted the following: –
- An application letter (hand written) signed by applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for and the duty station.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees.
- Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances. Photocopy of Zanzibar ID or National (Tanzania) ID.
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Testimonial letter from previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
- Only qualified shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
The deadline for submitting the application is September 11, 2020