Bank Operation Officer x8 at The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
- Company: The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) September, 2020
The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) is a Semi-Autonomous Public Institution which is 100% owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It was established on June, 30 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree as repealed and replaced by the Companies Act No. 15 of 2013. The primary function was to carry on the business on commercial banking activities in all of its Branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic Banking Services through its Branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related Commercial Banking Services.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services and thus inviting the applications from qualified and energetic human capital with the right knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant posts below:
Post: : BANK OPERATION OFFICER:
Location : Unguja 4, Pemba 2, Mtwara 2
Maintain Competitive turnaround time and process transactions accuracy his/her efficiency and courtesy often reflects the Bank’s standard of service. He/she has to ensure that front and back office operations are performed fast, accurately and friendly.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Banking and Finance or Islamic Banking qualifications, Economics, Commerce, Finance, and Accounting from any recognized University.
Key skills and Competencies:
- Strong numerical ability
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Professional qualifications such as CPB and equivalent shall be an added advantage
- Computer literacy
- experience in internship in bank branch operations
- Honesty and integrity
- Coordinate all counter activities while ensuring that quality service is provided to customers.
- Receive cash and cheque Deposits
- Posting Transactions.
- Verify teller proof of cash and tell proof of cheques against actual documents by ticking and signing printouts.
- Scrutinize internal vouchers to ensure that they are properly drawn and authorized in line with approval limits.
- Handle Foreign Exchange Transactions.
- Cross-sell Banks Products to Customers.
- Correspond with Card custodians on issues relating to ATM cards, check reports in order to solve customer complaints.
- Comply with Policies and standards, Local laws and regulations, Controls and Procedures of the bank.
- Ensure comply with Money Laundering Prevention as per Bank Policy, Know your Customer (KYC) Customer Due Diligence (CDD).
- Reconcile and clear all suspended transactions.
- Filling/bundling records for safe keeping in the record rooms.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
Term of service:
- Three (3) years contract (Renewable).
- Age limit of not more thirty-five (35) years as at 30th September, 2020
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate along with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
Method of Application
Applications from interested candidates should submitted the following: –
- An application letter (hand written) signed by applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for and the duty station.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees.
- Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances. Photocopy of Zanzibar ID or National (Tanzania) ID.
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Testimonial letter from previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
- Only qualified shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
The deadline for submitting the application is September 11, 2020