Bancassurance Finance Specialist at Exim Bank
- Company: Exim Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Bancassurance Finance Specialist
Head of Bancassurance
Bancassurance Financial Operations
Dar es Salaam
HOURS OF WORK
8am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Additional hours as required by workload.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Participating in the development and implementation of the sales and underwriting of insurance covers, in line with the bancassurance objectives. Provision of
efficient and effective insurance services. This includes ensuring that all assigned client related matters are dealt within the expected timeframess. Provision of
specialist advice and support to the team including business retention thus achieving the delivery of the Business Budget as well as ensuring sustainable and
profitable business operations
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- .Responsible for audit matters regarding Bancassurance affairs and finance related audits.
- .Preparation of commission invoices after confirmation of premium paid and commission rate with insurance companies
- .Income Posting (CBS) in respective GLs.
- Weekly review of GL report for posted commission Income to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Reconciliation of all commission income related Gls as per set SOPs.
- Ensure timely collection of commissions from Insurers and properly posted in the systern (CBS).
- Reconciliation of withholding tax paid.
- . Monthly report of Bancassurance premium and commission income for both Retail Banking and CIB.
- Suppliers’ payment processing and managing supplier payable
- ·Perform GL reconciliations by ensuring accuracy and timely submission as per set standards and agreed timelines.
- .Perform cost analysis to ensure accurate posting and adequate monthly accruals.
- Posting of all daily, month-end and audit adjustments ensuring correct entries as well as properly supported.
- Perform month end activities induding accrual and provisions of al monthly costs.
- GL monitoring by reviewing GL parameters and ensure existence of controls as per set SOPs.
- Assist in performing Tax activities as per allocated activities.
- Accountable for achieving annual income collection targets as cascaded from Head of Bancassurance.
- Ensure timely collection of commissions from Insurers and performing commission reconciliations as per the set standards.
- Manage customer’s queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner. Act as the escalation point for their unresolved queries and
- Monitoring of progress towards achieving targets is done on weekly to monthly basis.
- Intemal: Regular contact with all Branches & Departments
- External: Regular contact with existing, new customers and insurance companies.
- A good understanding of the market dynamics and customer attributes
- Analyzing, planning, organizing, Learning & Researching.
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Entrepreneurial and business acumen.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework within the banking & insurance environment.
- Ability to professionally interact with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Ability to accommodate operational and functional ambiguity and dharge
- Proven ability to influence others and to achieve tangible business result while incorporating compliance processes,
systems and resources into all aspects of corporate operations.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor ‘s degree or its equivalent in insurance, bank, risk management, law, actuarial sdience, finance, Business Administration or related
field from recognized institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in the Insurance Industry with a key focus on Operations, Underwriting and Claims
- Minimum requirement certificate in insurance/CoP
- Excellent knowledge of insurance products and processes, regulatory requirenents as well as ability to drive business performance and
- Good understanding of customer segmentation and needs as well as an in-depth knowledge of distribution channel strategies
- Sworn Dedlaration of good character and solvency.
- Strong passion and understanding of the insurance industry and its regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated capadty to lead, coach and supervise tearm members effectively
- Excellent cormmunication and interpersonal sills, with experience of dealing with executives and dients at all levels including the capacity
to articulate risk management, insurance products & policies, underwriting & audit in the language of business.
- ACll would be an added advantage.
Carry out work in accordance with the bank’s procedures
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the bank.
Method of ApplicationTo apply, please send your CV along with all academic certificates to [email protected] with the subject line: JOB APPLICATION: BANCASSURANCE FINANCE SPEACIALIST
(Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
The deadline for submitting the application is 11 January 2024.