Auto Electrician at Barrick
- Company: Barrick
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Jobs in Tanzania - Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The Barrick North Mara Team is seeking to recruit a Auto Electrician to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Perform task risk assessments (JHA, FLRA).
- Maintaining, repairing electrical issues, diagnostics/Fault Finding and routine inspection on a variety of Mining machines (i.e. SANDVIK, CAT, NORMET).
- Coordinate activities in the unit and report supervisor.
- Ensure that mobile equipment maintained in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Involvement with developing training programs for national workforce and carrying out competency assessments.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
- Full compliance with the OEM repair procedures and all safety and training protocols.
- Complete all training module within the auto electrical and maintenance skills matrix program.
- Monitor mining auto electrical activities and eliminate any wasteful practices, ensuring agreed target for maintenance met.
- Support and work through the departmental tactical plans to achieve the overall business objective.
- Developing and managing equipment component change outs and rebuilds where necessary.
- Investigate and implement latest technology that will improve auto electrical works.
- Perform any task as instructed by report line supervisor.
- Perform basic mechanical fitting, rubber lining, scaffolding and rigging works as instructed by your supervisor.
- Clean equipment, using scrapers, wire brushes, and cleaning solvents to ensure equipment or work area remains clean and tidy.
- Clean, maintain, repair and rebuild mechanical parts, components and equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
- Conduct regular plant and steel structures inspections.
- Complete breakdown and preventive maintenance work orders on time, create subsequent notifications, and provide feedback on work performed
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies then organize with supervisor
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Responsible for shift handover at area of responsibility.
- Technical/ Vocational School, Apprenticeship training, on-the-job training (FTC, VETA, IMTT Trade Test or its Equivalent).
- Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
- Certification in air conditioning systems repairs.
Experience and Competencies needed
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a mine auto electrical maintenance role.
- Good working knowledge of auto electrical maintenance planning/scheduling.
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment.
- Experienced in maintenance practices and techniques.
- Experience in open cast and Underground mining essential.
- Air conditioning systems experience in troubleshooting and repair is necessary.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th September, 2023.