Associate Research Manager / Research Manager at Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
- Company: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Tanzania Country Office seeks a highly motivated and qualified individual with strong project, team, budget, and data management skills for the position of Associate Research Manager/Research Manager. This position will oversee a portfolio of research projects and teams in Tanzania, as well as provide support to projects in the East Africa region where needed. This portfolio will cover various development sectors and provides an opportunity to act as a critical bridge between leading academic researchers, donors, and teams implementing research on the ground. He/she will join the dynamic and committed IPA-Tanzania team and contribute to the successful development of new projects, the implementation of existing projects, and capacity building of research staff.
The Associate Research Manager/Research Manager must possess both the technical expertise to ensure the highest quality and rigor in the design and implementation of our research, as well as the financial and administrative experience to manage a range of project budgets, deliverables, and business development activities. In addition, this candidate should have a track record of successfully managing complex workflows and teams, display clear written and verbal communication skills, and have experience with senior-level stakeholder and relationship management.
This position is ideal for a strategic and solution-oriented thinker who has a technical foundation in impact evaluation methodology, a strong understanding of data management and analysis, and experience in leading high-performing research teams and projects. There is a heavy emphasis on management in this role and as such, preference will be given to applicable experience.
This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with occasional travel to field sites and regional offices.
The Associate/Research Manager will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Directly supervise, coach, and mentor project staff (Senior Research Associates, Research Associates, and Field Managers) in implementing complex research projects
- Plan and supervise survey implementation, quality assurance, data cleaning, data analysis, and other activities related to successfully conducting rigorous impact evaluations
- Grow research staff capacity around coding complex digital surveys, data management, advanced statistical analysis, budget management, and writing technical reports
- Build and manage relationships with investigators, donors, and implementing partners
- Oversee project financial management, including the creation and monitoring of project budgets, staff payroll, project procurement, and ensure smooth integration of projects into IPA grant and financial systems
- Lead on the development of project deliverables, such as technical and financial reports, project briefs, blog posts, and ensure timely submission to donors and partners
- Support the dissemination of research results via presentations and reports to academic and non-academic audiences
- Contribute to new project design and lead budgeting on new proposals and business development
- Represent IPA-TZ at senior-level meetings and forums
- Provide strong regional support including management of projects in Uganda, Rwanda, Malawi, and Zambia
- Keep the Country Director apprised of all project developments and serve as a key link between the implementation team, project stakeholders, IPA Global, and Principal Investigators
- Perform related duties as assigned by Country Director
- PhD or Master’s degree in economics, international development, public policy, or a related field
- At least three, though preferably five, years of experience with managing multiple research projects, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Excellent project management, budgeting, and organizational skills; meticulous attention to detail
- Experience supervising data collection, teams of field workers, survey design and implementation and data management; background in randomized control trials preferred
- Advanced knowledge of quantitative data collection relevant to measurement and instrument development
- Superior knowledge of Stata is required; a strong knowledge of digital data collection platforms (like Survey CTO) is preferred
- Strong quantitative, budgeting, and financial management skills; experience with writing donor reports and grant proposals
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluency in English is required
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity in experimental methods
- Ability to find quick and effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances
- Flexible, independent, self-motivating, ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work under pressure
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Openness to managing projects across the East African region
- Tanzania experience is preferred
- We are looking for a commitment period of at least three years for this position
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st July, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE