Associate Partner – Africa at Dalberg Advisors
- Company: Dalberg Advisors
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 650+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with nearly 50% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 30 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You are a global development leader and you thrive in tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing problem-solving and creating tailored frameworks that address client challenges. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Required qualifications for an Associate Partner:
- 7 to 10 years of experience at a top-tier management consultancy, including experience leading project teams and building client relationships
- Experience in international development and/or frontier and emerging markets
- Appetite and desire to tackle challenging development problems through private sector-led initiatives
- A high degree of professionalism and credibility
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environment of international public agencies or similarly complex environments
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team player and team builder and performing well in a start-up atmosphere
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner
- Fluency in English; proficiency with other languages an advantage
- Proven ability to build strong and trusting relationships, with strong regional/ in-country networks preferred
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree or MBA is preferred
See profiles of our Associate Partners
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Associate Partners are part of Dalberg’s leadership team, and will be expected to sell work, manage projects, and develop team members. They will play a key role in developing relationships with clients and converting these relationships into work for the firm, as well as leading the creation and submission of proposals. Associate Partners will provide strategic direction to consultant teams, ensure quality control of project delivery, and help manage client relationships as part of their project management and oversight responsibilities. They will also be expected to contribute to the professional development of junior staff by providing them coaching and mentoring. Associate Partners also help build the firm’s reputation and expertise through knowledge development and thought leadership. They will build on previous private sector consulting experience and relationships to take on private sector-led solutions to development issues. Travel is expected and varies by office and project.
- Provide strategic direction to consultant teams, ensure quality control of project delivery
- Develop relationships with clients and sell projects
- Contribute to the professional development of junior staff
- Build the firm’s reputation and expertise through knowledge development and thought leadership
- Lead client relationships on issues of strategy and management related to development
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunities are in Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Conakry, Dakar, Dar es Salaam, Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos, Nairobi and Ouagadougou.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre by November 30, 2021. Your application should include a resume and cover letter. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application, in case there are openings in other offices.
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.
- Employment in the Dalberg Addis Ababa office is conditional on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in Ethiopia.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2021.