Assistant to the RTA (Resident Twinning Adviser) at EU Funded Twinning Project
- Company: EU Funded Twinning Project
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
implemented jointly by Finland, Estonia, Germany and Tanzania
“DigitalATanzania (DAT) Twinning project”
TZ 21 NDICITE 0122
is seeking to recruit:
An assistant to the RTA (Resident Twinning Adviser)
Duration: indicative starting date is 1 December 2023 (negotiable). The indicative expiring date is 14 January 2026 (approximately 25 months).
Positions are based in: Dodoma, Tanzania 1. Assistant to the RTA (Resident Twinning Advisor) Qualifications:
- Relevant university degree,
- Native in Tanzanian and fully fluent in English,
- At least 3 years, preferably 5 years relevant professional experience,
- Previous experience in international donor funded projects,
- Excellent digital skills in daily business management (MS Office programmes: MS word, excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, email, Internet),
- Proven knowledge of Tanzanian public administration is a strong asset,
- Previous experience in EU and especially Twinning project is a strong asset,
- Capability to work under pressure and heavy workload,
- Capability for both independent and teamwork.
Note: According to the EU Twinning regulations, the assistant candidate shall not have been in any contractual relation with the Tanzanian public sector during the 6 months preceding their hiring.
- Assisting RTA in organization of experts’ missions, trainings, seminars, workshops, steering committee meetings, and other project events, as well as providing general local assistance in everyday life of RTA,
- Drafting of written materials with relation to the project in English and Swahili
- Overall management of the office administration, including filling, organizing trainings, expert missions, local travels, general desk office work etc.,
- Organization of meetings in cooperation with Beneficiary Country partners, preparing meeting agenda and taking minutes,
- Developing and maintaining close working contacts and relationships with Beneficiary Country officials involved in each of the activities,
- Act as a translator and interpreter when needed (replace and supplement translator/interpreter),
- Drafting and editing minutes of meetings, assisting to the RTA in drafting and editing monthly, quarterly report and final project report, and any other relevant documents,
- Arrangement of travel, booking accommodation and organisation of study visits,
- Office management and general correspondence,
- Perform other tasks assigned by the RTA.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates are requested to submit their CV(Europass format) and a letter of application in English via email to the following address: [email protected]. Deadline for applications is Friday 24 November 2023. Please, no phone calls neither inquiries by email.
Clearly indicate in the application letter the position which the application is submitted for (“RTA assistant”). According to the EU Twinning regulations, persons who are working or have worked during last 6 months in Tanzanian public administration are not eligible to apply. Applications received after the closing deadline or submitted in other languages than in English will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and accordingly invited to attend an interview. The interviews are foreseen to take place in the end of November/early December, in Dodoma. Selected assistants will sign a service provider contract with the MS administration. Monthly gross salary is 1,000 €.
The above mentioned Twinning project is funded by the European Union and will be implemented as a joint project between HAUS Finnish Institute of Public Management Ltd with partners for Estonia and Germany and the Ministry of Information, Communication and Information Technology of Tanzania.