Assistant Team Lead at School of St Jude
- Company: School of St Jude
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Would you like to assist our graduates in making successful international university and scholarship applications? Are you capable of preparing our graduates for entry exams required to gain acceptance to their dream institution? Does it sound like we’re talking about you? … Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Dedicated and knowledgeable International Scholarship Advisor to assist students in accessing and applying for international scholarships.
- Capable of guiding students through the complex process of identifying, applying for, and securing scholarships to pursue their higher education goals abroad.
- Capable of conducting workshops, seminars and consultations with our graduates on international higher education admissions and scholarships.
- Capable of conducting intensive research on international admissions and scholarship.
- Passionate about unleashing St Jude’s graduates’s potential to international higher education admissions and scholarships.
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about being part of providing access to quality higher education to high-achieving, low-income students.
What you’ll do
- Identify international scholarship opportunities that provide access to higher education to high-achieving, low-income students.
- Identify and build key relationships with international higher education institutions, financial aid providers, other access organizations and networks.
- Advise our graduates on opportunities available and assist in application on Early Decision basis.
- Train our graduates on key competitive application strategies e.g. essay writing, personal branding, testing requirements etc.
- Successfully complete enrolment of a minimum of 30 reputable international scholarships per year.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Counseling, International Relations, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Proven experience in scholarship advising, career counseling, or educational guidance, with a strong focus on international opportunities.
- Excellent understanding of the international higher education landscape, scholarship programs, and funding options.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively connect with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in researching scholarship databases, online resources, and maintaining accurate records.
- Familiarity with application platforms and tools commonly used for scholarship applications.
- Multilingual skills and cross-cultural awareness are a plus.
- An excellent understanding for various testing platforms e.g. SATs, CAT, TOEFL, IELTS, DET etc.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Method of ApplicationAre you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/SP/02/23)
Applications close on 30th September 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.