Assistant Supplies Officer at EWURA
- Company: EWURA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class
regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the
electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which
suitably qualified Public Servants who wish to be transferred to EWURA are invited to apply.
CORPORATE AFFAIRS DIVISION
Post Title: Assistant Supplies Officer (1 post)
Duty Station: EWURA Offices Reports to: Zonal Manager
Assistant Supplies Officer will be responsible for proper management of stores, transport and administrative services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure proper store management and recording of purchased goods and services.
- To handle stores as per Authority’s financial and accounting procedures manual.
- To ensure that office is properly maintained and provided with essential services and supplies.
- To ensure office tenancy lease contracts are properly managed and advice on issues related to rent and utilities payments.
- To assist in supervision of drivers and ensure uninterrupted provision of transport services.
- To assist in supervision of maintenance of office equipment and motor vehicles.
- To assist in handling transport logistics, issuance of fuel and checks logbooks.
- To assist in supervision office cleanness, courier services and staff welfare.
- To assist in coordination of corporate events and meetings.
- To assist in management and handling of incoming mails, outgoing mails, storage and retrieval of records.
- To provide inputs in preparation of periodic performance reports.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience;
Holder of Diploma in one of the following fields: Procurement and Supplies Management, Material Management, Logistics Management or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions. The candidate must be registered by PSPBT as a Procurement and Supplies Technician or Procurement and Supplies Full Technician.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Interested Public Servants should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Certified copies of certificates.
- one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees,
- Applicants must channel their application letters through their respective employers, failure of which will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Transfer is not promotion therefore applicants should apply for the position they are currently holding and must state their check numbers.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
- Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover for their transfer costs as the application for transfer will be considered as self-initiated.
- Lobbying and canvassing will not be entertained and may result to the applicant’s disadvantage.
- The applicant who will submit the applications through E-mail address provided below should attach all necessary attachments as one document or file in PDF format.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should submit their applications by 17th January, 2023 through E-mail: [email protected] or to the following address:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,