Assistant Storekeeper G3 at WFP
- Company: WFP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Assistant Storekeeper – G3
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
Fixed Term Appointment
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
Dodoma Liaison Office
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education.
At least 3 years of logistics operations experience in the refugee camps,
Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations.
Experience in supporting warehouse management.
Experience in supporting inventory management.
Experience in data entry and extracting routine reports using corporate systems.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Swahili languages (both) written and oral.
These jobs are found in WFP warehouses and operating under close supervision of a Senior Storekeeper.
To support receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
2. Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
3. Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
4. Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
5. Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
6. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and Optimization Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
Information Management & Reporting Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to carry out day to day activities around warehouse and inventory management in a manner that complies with WFP’s operational warehouse procedures.
Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Tanzanian nationals should apply for this position.
Only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 17 October 2023.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th October, 2023.