Assistant Project Manager at Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly and Children Zanzibar
- Company: Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly and Children Zanzibar
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania obtained a loan from BADEA, Kuwait Fund and Saudi Fund for Rehabilitation and Expansion of Mnazi Mmoja Hospital Project – Zanzibar. The Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly and Children Zanzibar representing the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania intends to apply parts of this loan to finance the management of the Project through the establishment of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) for rehabilitation and expansion of Mnazi Mmoja Hospital in Zanzibar. The duration of the implementation phase is three years and Operation & Management phase is one year, the project is expected to be completed by the end of 2024. The following staff will be recruited in order to facilitate the Project.
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER- ONE POST
- Review the work of the technical consultants: project designs, bid specifications and tendering of bidding documents for the projects.
- Working closely with the Project Manager, MOH and MMH tasking his/her work and assuring that it is well coordinated with Stone Town Conservation Agency and other government entities and with the consultants and contractors.
- review contract documents for projects and supervising commissioning of projects.
- Ensuring compliance with funder procurement guidelines as well as governments building codes and engineering standards.
- Coordinating the monitoring and control of Project delivery
- Quality control of technical issues.
- reviewing project documents, organizing and coordinating meetings and communicating issues to consultants and contractors.
- Ensuring timely delivery of reports.
- Developing a monitoring tool, tracking system and project reporting.
- Assisting in supervision and quality control of works on site.
Qualifications and skills-55%
- At least university bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably civil or architecture. Master’s degree shall be considered a plus;
- Computer literate
- Good management and reporting skills.
Experience- 40% marks
- Has at least 5 years of experience in engineering or construction projects related to hospitals
- Experience with Works or Supplies contracts, either in design, writing of specifications, bills of quantities, tender procedures or site works supervision. Has worked with Donor Funding Project (SAUDI FUND, KUWAIT FUND and BADEA has added advantage) with experience of donor funding procurement procedures shall be considered a plus.
- Fluent in English and Swahili languages Working conditions
The Assistant Project Manager will be stationed at the premises of the MOH/MMH/KCH
Period of Performance and remunerations
- The Assistant Project Manager will be a full-time position within the Project. He/she will be offered a 4 years contract with six months’ probation period.
- The Assistant Project Manager of the PIU will directly report monthly to the Project Manager
Method of ApplicationAll Application letter should be addressed to Principal Secretary Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly, Gender and Children and must be submitted by hand at the office Procurement and Disposal Management Unit P.O.BOX 236 ZANZIBAR, Ministry of Health, Social Welfare, Elderly, Gender and Children at 09:00 morning up to 3:30 afternoon not less than the day of 29th August, 2021 Late Application will no longer be considered, this application is only for Tanzanian citizen.
A detailed Curriculum Vitae must be provided on how the requirements specified in this document match the capability, experience and knowledge
The Application must be submitted on one original and one copy and envelop must be marked “Original” and “Copy” as appropriate. If there are any discrepancies between the original and the copy the original governs. The outer envelope shall be labeled with the submission address, reference number and title of the Post The Application must be submitted in the English language or Swahili all required information must be provided, responding clearly and concisely to all the points set out.
The Application document should comprise of the following:
An application letter duly signed on all pages by applicant
Applications shall be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
Comply with required qualifications
Comply with Experience
Comply with Language English and Kiswahili
REVOLUTIONARY GOVERNMENT OF ZANZIBAR
MINISTRY OF HEALTH, SOCIAL WELFARE, ELDER, GENDER AND CHILDREN
Email: [email protected]