Assistant Project Manager at Exim Bank
- Company: Exim Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PURPOSE OF JOB
To partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful initiation and completion of a project. In this role, the Assistant Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor medium and large-scale projects with a high degree of complexity and risk. Projects can span across multiple business units or functional areas.
- Preparing project initiation documents
- Preparing project baselines (i.e., cost, scope and schedule) and project management plans (resource, communication, stakeholders, risk, change, configuration management plans etc.)
- Establishing project governance, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path.
- Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes.
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project.
- Proactively communicate the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle.
- Provide information to make effective, timely decisions.
- Manage third party relationships involved in the overall implementation project to include scheduling activities and insuring deliverables are properly defined and completed on schedule.
- Monitor the project closely and communicate all changes to project baselines(schedule, cost and scope) on a timely basis.
- Work closely with Senior Project Manager to set priorities
- Follow Standards and guidelines provided by the PMO office
2.2 FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage project finances and ensure that project is delivered within the agreed project budget.
2.3 INDEPENDENT DECISIONS
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Flexible attitude
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
2.4 INTERACTION WITH OTHERS
Internal: Owners of the projects, Management and all other stakeholders
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance, Banking, Information Systems, Information Technology or related areas
- Demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycles
- Minimum 5 years working experience in banking, financial services, or Big 4 Consulting Firms
- Experience in driving medium to large scale change efforts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, PowerPoint etc.
- Master’s Degree in Project Management or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an added advantage
- Self-driven and self-motivated individual
- Ability to work in a team and manage team dynamics
- Attentive to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Conflict management
- Organizational skills
- Adherence to deadlines
- Carry out work in accordance with the banks procedures.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practice and contribute to the continuous improvement of the bank.
Method of ApplicationPlease send your application to[email protected]
Call 0800 780 111 or visit www.eximbank.co.tz
Closing Date : 29th April, 2021