Assistant Procurement Officer at Medical Teams International
- Company: Medical Teams International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
ASSISTANT PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1) Medical Teams International
|Department:||Operations||Grey Sections to be completed by Human Resources.|
|Reports to (position):||Procurement Officer||Org. Reporting Line:|
|Location(s):||Kasulu||Job Band: 19|
|Workdays & Number of scheduled hours per week:
|Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays||FLSA:||N/A|
|Full Time or Part Time||Full Time|
|Position Type:||EEO Job Class:||N/A|
|If Manager of Staff: Number (and Titles) of Direct Reports:||N/A||Total # of Staff in Team/Department under management of this position:||N/A|
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Responsible for assisting procurement of goods, transport, subcontracted works and services at the country level.
- Assist in all procurement of goods, transport, subcontracted works and services at the country level.
- Ensure all procurement process in accordance with MTI and donor policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner, negotiating prices and proposing new suppliers to be validated.
- Liaise with the Logistics officer in planning of transportation for goods and services procured country level & International level.
- Submit and collect quotations and tenders following MTI and donor policies.
- Assist in tracking vendor contracts and work closely with user departments to ensure effective and efficient implementation; support timely vendor payment by submitting all required documentation in accordance with schedules.
- Ensure all procurements documents are completed and filed appropriately.
- Ensure that local market surveys are regularly conducted to gain a full knowledge of the availability and price of local items.
- Ensure the procurement and disposal of commodities are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Receive invoices and prepare payment vouchers and submit to finance.
- Assist with the provision of guidance to colleagues on procurement matters.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field is required.
- Professional certification is required.
- 4 years of procurement and logistics experience, inclusive of 1 year of supervisor experience is required.
- Experience with donor (UN, USAID, etc.) asset and procurement specific procedures is an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of global supply chain management including procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, distribution, fleet management and asset management.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems
- Highly skilled at using ERP systems to manage inventory logistics.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Skilled in managing a budget
- Skilled in training and leading a team
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Ability to act with integrity and ensure security and appropriate use of assets,
- Keen interest to mentor others
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy.
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
Method of ApplicationAll interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: [email protected]
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Assistant Procurement Officer”.
Application Deadline: 03rd of May 2021 at 1700HRS.