Assistant Operations Manager at Mwiba Holdings Limited
- Company: Mwiba Holdings Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Mwiba Holdings Limited is a registered Tanzanian Company under Companies Ordinance (Cap. 212) and a leading Hospitality Company with Operations in Arusha, Meatu-Simiyu and Mara Regions. We are currently looking for an Assistant Operations Manager to be part of our team. The position will be based in Meatu with rotational to all Mwiba properties.
Role’s Summary: Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in ensuring that all company’s operations are overseeing, supervising, directing and advising to ensure efficiency and smooth business, also to enhance the supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies, operational procedures, systems, principles and applicable laws.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Be part of annual Budget formulation by working closely with camp and lodge managers and provide necessary input to Group Operations Manager.
- Under guidance of Group Operations Manager Convert the Company’s Mission statement and Operation’s Objectives to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.
- Assist with the setting up of mobile and permanent camps and ensure smooth running of the operations.
- Assess and communicate work requirements for each camp and lodge, planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing work contributions of the Company.
- Support operations by working closely with inventory, purchasing, finance and related departments to Ensure effective utilization of inventories, purchasing systems and thereafter review and update relevant SOPs. purchasing models and detailed SOP.
- Communicate guest issues with concerned departmental/lodge/camp managers and advise ways of improving the customer experience including resolving problems and complaints.
- Support the Group Operations Manager to oversee Company’s operations systems and procedures by implementing, enforcing and evaluating policies and procedures for distribution and usage; develop processes for receiving & handling products, equipment utilization, inventory management and distribution to the field.
- Ensure operations meet the Company’s mission statement by implementing SOPS and standards.
- Support the HOD in training of service staff for the lodge and camp in conjunction with local trainers and on occasion consultant trainers on the company’s set standard and quality services.
- Monitor and maintain operations and overhead costs in order to maintain maximum revenue of the Company.
- Be part of training and implementation of company policies and standards throughout Mwiba Holdings.
- Traveling between the various camps and lodges on a regular basis in order to ensure smooth operations as per company standards and clients’ needs.
- Work closely with the People and Culture Department and be part of interviewing, recruiting, performance evaluation, promotion and termination activities.
- Monthly preparation of operations reports and submit to the Group Operations Manager.
- Assist the Operations Manager in developing a productive working environment for employees.
- Support Group Operations Manager in administering quarterly KPI’s for all Camp and Lodge staff as per guidance.
- Work closely with the transport and logistic department to ensure smooth operations in movement and management of supplies..
- Support Group OPs in overseeing safety, staff welfare, accommodation, uniform and all other compliance matters in relation to general operations.
- Work as Relief Manager when need be to ensure smooth running of the operations.
- Attend any other duties and obligations as it will be assigned by your HOD and other management team members.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
- Qualification Requirements:
- A 3-years diploma/bachelor’s degree in tourism or hospitality management from a reputable institution.
- Proven proficiency in computerized applications to Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and basic Google Suite
- Experience Requirements
- Five (5) years’ experience working in hospitality operations management.
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills.
- Have the ability to work through periods of high demand and be ready to work after hours or on weekends.
- Highly motivated, self-disciplined and well organized.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- A meticulous degree of pride in their personal presentation.
- Highest level of commitment and dedication especially in dealing with negative situations and the ability to think out of the box.
- Be able to work independently.
- Humble, yet driven with a track record of performance
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resumes and copy of certificates to P & C Office (for hard copies or via email to: [email protected]
Mwiba Holdings Limited offers equal employment to qualified men and women and if you are not contacted by the people & Culture department within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please forward applications before 26th October 20223