Assistant Nurse Officer or Nurse Officer at Doctors with Africa CUAMM Registered Trustees
- Company: Doctors with Africa CUAMM Registered Trustees
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
About Doctors with Africa CUAMM Registered Trustees
Doctors with Africa CUAMM Registered Trustees is a health organisation that implement health projects to help availability of quality healthcare especially to the most vulnerable. CUAMM Registered Trustees focuses on designing health system strengthening projects, with particular attention to the needs of women and children, and tailored to the specific needs of the countries where the organization carries out projects. Through its evidence-based approach, CUAMM works to remove the barriers preventing communities from accessing health services, and to improve the quality of the same services, to achieve accessible, quality and equitable healthcare for everyone.
CUAMM is currently carrying on “Mothers and Children First” project in Bariadi DC (Simiyu Region), with the aim of improve the health of mothers, newborns and children and their nutritional status in the catchment area of Songambele Health Centre.
CUAMM is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position below….
Position: 1 Assistant Nurse Officer or Nurse Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager
The Nurse will be responsible to help the implementation of the project activities at health facility level and especially play an important role as in charge of the maternity ward of Songambele HC, Nkololo ward, Simiyu Region.
He/she will coordinate with the Project Manager to maintain good relationships with government counterparts and other stakeholders at local and District level and, particularly, with health institutions.
Objectives and expected results
The Nurse will support the health facility as responsible for the management of the health staff and equipment of the Maternity ward, as well as managing patients admitted in the Maternity ward.
- Organize and supervise the assistance provided by the health staff of the maternity ward
- Check that necessary equipments are present and functioning
- Assure that the national guidelines are followed by the health staff
- Monitor patient’s condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible care and advice
- Collaborating with the Medical officer in charge and Patron
- Organizing monthly meeting with the staff and Patron
- Assure a correct data reporting and help the PM in the monthly data collection
Required qualifications and experience
- The Nurse should have a Diploma or a Degree in Nursing and must have a valid practice license.
· Previous work experience of 4 years in maternity wards required.
· The Nurse should have skills of team-building and leadership.
· Ability to communicate in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, empathic and non-judgmental attitude.
· Previous experience with international and local NGOs preferred.
Languages: Fluency in Kiswahili and English, both written and spoken, is required.
Duty Station: Songambele Health Centre (Bariadi DC)
Contract duration: one year
Deadline for application: Deadline for submission of applications is 25th February, 2021.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be enclosed with verified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications to the addresses below;
Mothers and Children First Project Administrator
Doctors with Africa (CUAMM Trustees)
Bariadi office, Tanzania.
Alternatively, the application can be sent via email to the following address not later than deadline date of this vacancy; indicating clearly in the mail subject “VACANCY APPLICATION – NURSE”: e-mail: [email protected] OR [email protected]
Applicants also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview; and it will be held at CUAMM Trustees Office in Bariadi, no costs will be refunded to applicants. In case you do not hear from us in three weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.