Assistant Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer at TGNP
- Company: TGNP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Gender Networking Programme (TGNP)
TGNP has been in existence since 1993, during which time it has built itself into a leading member of the women feminist movement for social gender transformation and women empowerment within Tanzanian, Africa and beyond. Its overall goal is to contribute to increased gender responsiveness of policy formulation and implementation of various policies. The approach of the organization is enhancing strategic linkages, networking and coalition building among like-minded civil society organizations, grassroots groups and key networks and coalitions. Over the years, TGNP has made a substantial contribution towards developing a critical mass of organized civil society with the capacity to critically analyze and stimulate public debate, and to carry out activism and collective action on pertinent social, cultural, political and economic development issues.
To adequately fulfil its mandate and in line with the expansion of organizational activities in the country, TGNP is inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the vacant positions existing within the organization:
Assistant Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
The Assistant Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will be responsible for supporting in designing and implementing the MEL activities, assisting the Senior Programme Officer: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer in data collection, analysis and verification, monitoring, evaluation of project activities, preparing reports on project progress.
A. Specific Responsibilities
The Assistant Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will be responsible for:
- Assisting in development and strengthen monitoring, inspection, evaluation procedures and incorporate learnings for programme improvement and sustainability.
- In collaboration with IT department, ensure computerization of MEL plans and systems to facilitate data storage, retrieval and utilization.
- Working closely with the IT in designing and implementation of organizational Data Management Systems related to MEL to support decision making and programme delivery.
- Facilitate Monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting of overall programme
- Provide feedback on project strategies and activities including ways to overcome setbacks which constrain efficiency and effectiveness of programme
- Assist the project personnel with MEL tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required.
B. Key qualifications and Experience
First degree in social sciences with at least 3 years of experience in the design and operationalization of databases in development projects implemented by NGOs/Development projects/programmes. Eexperience in monitoring and evaluation of project processes, both qualitative and quantitative aspects is added advantage.
C. Key Competencies:
- Experience in designing databases, tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software and using database software
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software packages
All positions advertised carries attractive remuneration for the right candidate.
Method of ApplicationAll applications supported by CV, a statement of not more than three pages on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; two reference letters and supporting documents to be submitted within seven (7) days from date of first appearance of this advertisement which is 16th July 2021.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer. However, women and youth are highly encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Tanzania Gender Networking Programme,
P.O. Box 8921,
Dar es Salaam.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For more information about TGNP visit our website: www.tgnp.or.tz The deadline for submitting the application is 24 July 2021.