Assistant Manufacturing Technician (Mechanical) at Tatc / Shirika La Nyumbu
- Company: Tatc / Shirika La Nyumbu
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Manufacturing Jobs in Tanzania
Tatc / Shirika La Nyumbu
Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC), synonymously known as “Shirika la Nyumbu”, was formally established on the 14th December 1985, through a Presidential Order, made under the Public Corporations Act 1969. TATC’s mission is to develop a reputable capacity for automotive engineering by conducting research and innovation, technology transfer and quality assurance services.
TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Defence and National Service (MoDNS).
TATC seeks to recruit intelligent and result-oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill 6 vacant posts mentioned below:-
ASSISTANT MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (Mechanical) III
Report to: Chief Works Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- To operate machine tools such as lather, milling boring, grinding, drilling and gear cutting machines.
- To calculate and set special machine tool operations e.g gear generation setting parameters and numerical control machines programming.
- To assist junior Artisans in the interpretation of complex manufacturing engineering drawings.
- To identify machine tool malfunction for proper reporting.
- To undertake safety measures of production personnel machine tools material handling and other facilities.
- A holder of FTC/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from recognized institution. The incumbent must have good passes in workshop Technology, production Technology and Machine element subject.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Applicants must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The title of the position applied should be written in the subject of the application letter marked on the envelope.
- Applicant must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants who currently employed in the Public Service should route the application letters through their respective employers.
- Application letter should be written in Swahili or English.
Method of ApplicationApplication should be sent to the
The Director General,
Private Bag, Nyumbu- Kibaha, PWANI.
Tel: 0738 341 330/0738 309 363
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date of interview.
Remuneration will be according to TATC Scheme of Service.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14th December, 2020 at 4.00 PM