Assistant Manager: Retail Collections at Exim Bank
- Company: Exim Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
• Job Category : Management
• Job Code : 2021
• Job Name : Assistant Manager: Retail Collections
• Details :DEPARTMENT : Special Assets Management
DIRECT REPORTING TO: Senior Manager: SAM & MIS
DOTTED REPORTING LINE TO: Head of Special Assets Management
HOURS OF WORK: 8am – 5pm; Monday to Friday. Additional hours as required by workload
REGION: Dar es Salaam
JOB PURPOSE: Assists in monitoring, impairment and collections of classified loan accounts, these includes suit and non-suit filed under retail and corporate segments of the loan book.
1. Develop and implement daily portfolio performance monitoring Trackers/report for constant monitoring key
parameters on the bank NPAs portfolio, primary focus shall be on;
1. Early detection of problem on restructured accounts
2. Upcoming auctions with details about the properties
3. Updates status on key NPAs – required on weekly basis
4. Meeting recovery targets
2. Ensure that accrued interest on NPAs accounts are being suspended each month accurately and in a timely manner and subsequently collection/recoveries are being posted in such manner.
3. Write off approved NPAs as per the guidelines.
4. Where mandated, representing the Bank as witness on court cases related to NPA`s (Non- Performing Accounts)
5. Handling of various audits including external and internal
6. Liaise with finance team to ensure accurate and timely submissions of credit related reports as per BoT Returns prescribed format.
7. Assist in the implementation and UAT of major credit related projects specifically for collection and recoveries unit.
8. Monitoring of restructured accounts under NPA portfolio with a view to prevent their slippage onto none payment status and devising/ implementing strategies to make recoveries from these accounts where circumstances deem necessary.
9. Ensure firm communication to respective NPA customers regarding restructuring proposals, payment of installments once restructured.
10. Ensure at all time all securities under NPA accounts are well documented, visit confirmation of their whereabout completed and update the unit on the condition of the security at all time, maintain the security register.
11. Preparing monthly and quarterly provision reports, both regulatory and impairment charges as per IFRS 9 requirements and ensure any shortfall or surplus been reported promptly to the manager and Head of Credit.
12. Produce regular unit provision forecasts and recoveries planning reporting for inclusion in quarterly and monthly management reports/board reporting.
13. Preparing Mancom monthly report covering unit related items and other issues as prescribed by the unit manager.
14. Timely identification and communicating to collection & Recovery manager and Head of credit for all accounts qualifying for prudential write-off and Downgradation within NPA buckets including those qualifying for upgradation during the period.
15. Maintaining collection and recoveries tracker and projection for the unit, and share the same on weekly basis for discussion with the unit manager or Head of Credit
16. Preparing and sending reminders to customers regarding payments, or other issues as mandated by management.
17. Preparing adverts for marketing of repossessed properties or properties about to be auctioned by the bank or through external parties.
18. Any other duties that may be assigned by the line manager or management.
2. INTERACTION WITH OTHERS
Internal: Regular contact with the Clearing, I.T, Marketing, other departments and staff
External: Regular interaction with customers
• Minimum University Degree in Finance/Accounts/Banking/Business Administration.
• Relevant professional qualifications in Banking, Finance or Accounts will be an added advantage.
2. Experience and Qualities:
• Minimum 4 years working experience in Banking Industry
• Good analytical skills
• Good communication skills
• Carry out work in accordance with the Bank’s procedures
• Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence
• Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the Bank
Method of ApplicationPlease send your application to[email protected]
Call 0800 780 111 or visit www.eximbank.co.tz
Closing Date : 29th April, 2021