Assistant Lecturers x11 at KCMUCo/KCMC
- Company: KCMUCo/KCMC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMUCo) is a constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira. The College is adjacent to KCMC Hospital in Moshi, Tanzania. The College trains health professionals for various University awards in health and allied sciences. KCMUCo wishes to recruit competent and committed human resource to fill the following vacant Academic and Administrative positions:
- Assistant Lecturers
- Assistant Lecturer in Histotechnology
- Assistant Lecturer in Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- Assistant Lecturer in Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Assistant Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing
- Assistant Lecturer in Medical Surgical Nursing
- Assistant Lecturer in Physiotherapy
- Assistant Lecturer in Optometry
- Assistant Lecturer in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Assistant Lecturer in Occupational Therapy
- Assistant Lecturer in Epidemiology
- Assistant Lecturer in Public Health
(i) Applicant’s Educational qualifications:
- Applicants for the above positions must possess Master’s Degree, in the area of specialization, with a GPA of 4.0 or an average of B+ grade, and a Bachelor Degree in the listed Health Profession Sciences with a minimum GPA of 3.5 (Upper Second) or an average of B+ grade.
(ii) Applicant’s attributes/qualities/skills/abilities:
- Should have an interest in lecturing and interacting with undergraduate students
- Proficiency in the language of instruction, i.e., English.
- Ability to prepare and deliver own teaching materials.
- Problem solving and innovation skills.
- Ability to recognize students having difficulties, intervene and provide help and support.
- Ability to prepare quality research proposal.
- Adherence to professional ethics.
(iii) Duties and responsibilities of Assistant Lecturer shall include:
- Conducting lectures, seminars, tutorials and practical sessions for undergraduate programmes.
- Assisting senior staff in practical sessions, seminars and tutorials for postgraduate programmes as part of their learning and building capacities in various aspects of teaching, learning, research and public service.
- Supervising special projects for undergraduate students.
- Undergoing training to PhD level.
- Undergoing induction course in pedagogical skill for those who had none before.
- Preparing case studies.
- Working in co-operation with senior members on specific projects.
- Conducting and publishing research results.
- Assist in writing teaching manuals and compendia.
- Attending workshops, conferences and symposia.
- Any relevant duty that may be assigned by the relevant authority.
REMUNERATION FOR THE POSITIONS
- Competitive and attractive package of salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidates.
Method of Application
- Applicants must enclose an up-to-date detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of all relevant academic certificates and transcripts from Form Four to University level, names of three reputable referees including their postal/email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced Secondary Education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Degree awards from foreign universities/colleges should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Copies of the following certificates shall not be accepted:
- Form Four (IV) and Form Six (VI) results slips.
- Testimonials and all partial academic transcripts.
Applications should be sent before Friday, 11th September, 2020 via E-mail:- [email protected] ,
OR through Post or hand-delivery to:
Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College
P O. Box 2240
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified and called for an Interview.