Assistant Lecturer (IDS) at UDSM
- Company: UDSM
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
The University of Dar es Salaam invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanian Public Servants who wish to be considered for transfer to the University of Dar es Salaam to fill the following Academic posts:
- INSTITUTE OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (IDS)
- Field: Gender and Development; Science, Technology, Innovation and Industrialization and Law 1 Position – Assistant Lecturer
Qualifications and Experience: –
- Lecturer must possess PhD plus a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher from an internationally reputable higher bearing institution. They must be potentially good academically.
- Assistant Lecturer must possess a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher from an internationally reputable higher bearing institution. They must be potentially good academically.
Main Duties for: –
- Carries out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars and practicals for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Sets, invigilates and marks undergraduate and postgraduate examinations;
- Mentoring junior staff in relevant fields
- Participates /contributes in curriculum development;
- Participates in developing and managing various university/ constituent college activities
- Conducts research and publish/disseminate results
- Carries out consultancy and community services
- Writes teaching manuals and compendia
- Supervises field practicals, undergraduate special projects, Masters and PhD dissertations/theses
- Attends /organize workshops, conferences and symposia; and
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the relevant authorities
- Carries out lectures, seminars, tutorials and practicals for undergraduate programmes
- Sets, invigilates and marks undergraduate examinations
- Assists senior staff in lectures, seminars, tutorials, and practicals for postgraduate programmes
- Supervises projects and practical training for undergraduate students
- Conducts research and publishes results
- Carries out consultancy and public service
- Undergoes postgraduate training to PhD level
- Participates in relevant workshops and conferences; and
- To perform any work of the University as assigned by relevant authorities.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- Permanent and pensionable.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopy of relevant academic certificates and transcripts.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Names and addresses of two referees.
- Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc.
- Applicants should indicate Departments/Disciplines for which they apply.
- Applicants must channel their application letters through their re spective employers.
- All applicants should indicate the positions they apply on top of the envelope.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Ad vanced level education should be verified by The National Exam ination Council of Tanzania (NECTA);
- Presentation of forged certificates & other information will neces sitate to legal action.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic), University of Dar es Salaam, P.O. Box 35091, DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for receiving applications is 31 August, 2020