14 Mar 2023
Assistant Housekeeping & Laundry Manager at Four Seasons Safari Lodge
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Four Seasons Safari Lodge
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
- High School Diploma
- At least 3 year of management experience in Housekeeping
- Open for Tanzanian nationals only
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
- Adhere to the established standard of conduct and house rules, fire regulations and department procedures and policies.
- Dress in issued uniform and ensure a neat, clean and tidy appearance at all times.
- Report to work on time, aware of schedule at all times and if unable to attend work, notifies the Director of Housekeeping in adequate time as stated in Employee Handbook.
- To assist the Director of Housekeeping in the management of the daily operations.
- To be responsible for the operation and administration of the department, in the absence of the Director of Housekeeping.
- To ensure that the Housekeeping and Laundry Department provides the highest standards of excellence in product, physical atmosphere and service.
- To maintain superior standards of cleanliness in all guest contact areas and staff areas.
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment at all times.
- Able to maintain and support company standards.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining and motivating of employees.
- Be responsible for the timely completion and posting of all schedules, including staff roster and general / deep cleaning schedules.
- Monitor staffing to ensure maximum service, quality, efficiency and productivity.
- Monitor daily assignments to ensure that proper quotas are maintained.
- Monitor the requisition of guest supplies, Laundry Supplies, office and cleaning supplies.
- Inspect all public and back of the house areas cleaned on a regular basis to ensure maintenance of standards.
- Responsible for Day to Day operations of Laundry, including processing of all Guest linen, Room Linen, E Housing Linen and Uniforms
- Participate in the monitoring of cost management as it pertains to inventories, use of supplies, labor and energy.
- Become familiar with Housekeeping and Laundry Department and be able to monitor standards pertaining to guest service, operational efficiency, safety, production, quality and personnel in the absence of the Director of Housekeeping and Housekeeping and Laundry Manager .
- Ensure proper professional working relationship with all departments and divisions within the lodge.
- Ensure that all vacant villas are in good housekeeping condition.
- Review on a monthly basis all work orders, submitting in writing a list of all outstanding work orders.
- Develop and maintain the “Perfect Room Program” for the guest rooms/ villas and public areas.
- Work closely with Director of Engineer and his team to ensure the rectification works and all defects in every location are carried out promptly and according to standards.
- Participate in conducting and planning monthly departmental meetings and ensure housekeeping and laundry concerns are attended for all arrivals in the daily arrival meetings with Front Office.
- Conduct Housekeeping and Laundry Core Standard tests on Supervisors and
- Attendants on regular basis.
- Monitor and ensure all staff performance, and all works are carried out according to established procedures and Four Seasons Core Standards.
- Conduct staff counseling sessions whenever necessary for areas of improvement and concern.Implement training for all new hires and re-training for staff whenever necessary.
- Is competent in MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) procedures and trained in accident response.
- Ensure all team members are aware of MSDS procedures and accident response.
- Ensure the targets are met for Housekeeping and Laundry Core Standards Tests Database.
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping in establishing and updating of the Standards Training Manuals.
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping in setting of the annual operating budgets.
- Ensure adequate stocks of all operational supplies at all times and keeping cost within budgets.
- Ensure all Laundry Chemicals are ordered on time , Conduct quarterly inventories of Linen and submit the report to Director of Housekeeping.
- Conduct quarterly inventories of Linen and submit the report to Director of Housekeeping.Able to be hands on with operations whenever necessary.
- Able to highlight training needs of all staff and assist the Director of Housekeeping in developing the training plans accordingly to maximize their potentials and increase productivity and efficiency level in the department.
- Well informed of basic lodge information in order to assist any guest when enquired.
- Inform the Director of Housekeeping of any unusual events and communicate any special instructions during handover.
- Maintain good communication with other departments.
- Manage any valuables/items found in guests/staff laundry and rooms with the Security department.
- Monitor all Housekeeping and Laundry Buggy drivers to ensure full compliance with safety regulations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.May be required to temporary relocate to Arusha logistics office to help.
Specific Responsibilities and Task
- Proficient in mathematics to conduct and submit accurate inventories reports.
- Proficient in computer skills and software to manage all records, eg.
- Purchasing orders, Opera and Lotus Notes systems and basic Microsoft office software.
- Ensure achievement of minimum average of 85% and above in the daily core standards tests by all staff and conduct any re-training whenever necessary Assist Director of Housekeeping to conduct timely new hires probationary reviews and full time hires annual performance reviews.
- Achieve the set departmental goals and continuously implement improvement programs for the department for higher level of service.
- Assist to develop career development plan for all staff and succession plan for the department.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th March, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE