Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at Expert Consultancy Ltd
- Company: Expert Consultancy Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Assistant Food & Beverage ManagerJob Vacancy (JV/ECL/SL01/23)
Our client Sopa Lodges isaregisteredTanzanianCompanyunderCompaniesOrdinance(Cap.212)andaleadingHospitality CompanywithOperationsin Tanzania with major operations in Arusha Town Serengeti in Mara region, Manyara, Tarangire National Park Arusha and Manyara region, other hospitality destination Tanzania and Zanzibar Island. On behalf of their management wearecurrentlyhiring for the above to be part of our client team. The position will be based in Serengeti National park in Tanzania.
Position Title: Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Reporting to: Food and Beverage Manager / General Manager
Supervises: Restaurant Team
Duty station:Serengeti Explorer
Start: End of December, 2023
The main role of Assistant Manager/Assistant Department Manager is to organize, operate and develop his department for smooth, speedy and efficient service to guests. Responsible for the administration and operations of all Food and Beverage outlets. Ensuring maintenance of standards and maximum profitability. To create 100% Guest satisfaction by delivering food and beverage service to restaurant guests.
ASSISTANT FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement Food and Beverage promotions, strategies and special events in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef
- To maintain optimum sales volume and strive to achieve sales objectives set forth by the Management for his department.
- To organize and develop restaurant service personnel by constant motivation and Training in order to provide satisfying working conditions to optimise guest satisfaction.
- To ensure that Food & Beverage Sales and Control Procedures are followed as prescribed by the Management.
- To handle guest complaints and redress guest grievances
- Negotiating/ menu planning/ co-coordinating.
- Maintenance of service standards and prompt resolution of any guest complaint
- Coordinate the upkeep and cleanliness of all venues by liaising with Housekeeping and Maintenance
- Ensure that all staff comply with the grooming and uniform standards
- Ensure that the Information and the inputs given or directed by the Food and Beverage Manager / HGM is carried forward effectively
- Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace and keep the Food and beverage manager updated on the same for any challenges or alterations required
- Ensuring customer delight by doing table supervision: Checking for correct order taking procedures by staff, correct sequencing and service of the dishes, quality control of the food being delivered to guests
- Periodic assessment of all existing staff working
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Culinary school short Training in food service management or related field is added advantage
Has effectively managed Team Members for 5 years and above.
Previous experience in similar Job role.
Proven food and beverage management experience.
Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Google suite etc).
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Highly motivated, self-disciplined and well organized.
- A meticulous degree of pride in their persona|presentation
- Highestlevelofcommitmentanddedicationespeciallyindealingwithnegativesituationsandtheabilityto think out of thebox.
- Humble, yet drivenwith a track record ofperformance
Method of ApplicationWe look forward to receiving your application! If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title and reference number on the email subject (Assistant Food & Beverage Manager) on or before 27th November, 2023 to [email protected]
NOTE: Please ready & understand the requirements before sharing your application with us. We regret to inform that with volumes of CV’s received, we will be able to reply to only candidates who will meet the required qualifications & experience.