Assistant Accountant at Mlimani SACCOS Ltd (MSL)
- Company: Mlimani SACCOS Ltd (MSL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Mlimani SACCOS Ltd (MSL) is a Saving and Credit Cooperative Society registered in year 2003 with the aim of serving the university of Dar es Salaam employees, their immediate families and retiree with financial Services at affordable costs using the Cooperative Business Model. MSL is currently is looking to hire qualified and eligible Tanzanians to fill vacant positions as part of its effort to build a strong, innovative and efficient Management team that will fast track the realization of its mission.
TITLE: Assistant Accountant 1 Position
The Assistant Accountant shall report directly to the Manager/Chief Accountant of MSL and shall help MSL to make critical financial decisions by collecting, tracking, correcting and communicating the financial position of MSL finances. He/she shall be responsible for recording transactions, compiling and analyzing data, perform financial audits, reconciling bank statements assist with budgets and financial forecasting, compute taxes, and report His or Her findings to MSL Manager/Chief Accountant for onward presentation to the Board. He or She shall ensure that financial records of MSL are accurate throughout the year.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provided in MSL Job Description Manual
- Professional and Academic Requirements
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance / Accounting) OR equivalent qualifications from accredited University/lnstitution
- Age between 20-55 years.
- At least One years’ relevant experience at a management level in a SACCOS or Financial institution. (Micro-Finance).
- Experience with accounting software is a plus
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Possession of MBA, Qualifications in SACCOS’s operations, First degree in Cooperative Management, Business Management, Microfinance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship will be an added advantage. Hands on experience with accounting software is also a plus.
Competitive salaries and benefits will be offered for each of the positions
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should submit their applications attached with CVs and certified copies of their Certificates to:
Mlimani SACCOS Ltd,
University of Dar es Salaam P0 Box 35091 Dar es Salaam Or send soft copies of their applications with all relevant attachments to:
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for receiving applications is 11:59 PM on the 20th day of August 2023
- Only those applications that meet minimum qualifications will be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed and shall be required to attend interviews any time between 21 August 2023 and 26 August 2023
- The MSLs’ Board recruitment decision is final