Assistant Accountant at Lulu Saccos Ltd
- Company: Lulu Saccos Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
LULU SACCOS LTD is community-based SACCOS which was established under the current governing Co-operative Societies Act No. 20 of 2003 in 2007 and Licensed as Class B SACCOS under Microfinance Act No. 10 of 2018 in 2021. Objectives of Lulu SACCOS includes to mobilize savings from members and in return provide financial and credit facilities, and to improve economic and social conditions of its members.
LULU SACCOS LTD invites applications from suitable qualified and competent candidates to fill the following four(A)vacancies listed below:
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT -1 POST
NATURE AND SCOPE
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the accountant in providing full accounting services including monitoring and developing budget, audit, client Management, Financial analysis and reporting system – based validation of transactions. He/she will report to the Head of Finance Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checking and inspecting daily transaction
- Keeping, recording fixed asset register and all other financial records.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist in Preparing books of accounts.
- Reviewing invoices from suppliers
- Reconcile the accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Perform monthly reconciliation on members Share accounts, Savings accounts, Deposit account and Loan account.
- Report to his/ her head of department on liquidity status Daily, Weekly and Monthly
- Perform all other duties as directed by his or her work supervisor.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields: Accountancy, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions.
- At least two years relevant working experience in a reputable institution.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Swahili languages.
- Have ability to commit and work independently:
- Should have computer skills;
- Must be a Tanzanian
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A signed Application letter should be written either English or Swahili;
- Applicant must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable applicants contacts, e-mail address, reachable telephone numbers as well as three (3) referees with their reliable contact;
- Applicant must attach the following: –
- Their certified copies of academic credentials (Certifictes and transcripts) including the Form IV National Examination certificate and Professional certificates from relevant authorities (if any).
- Their Birth Certificate and a Copy or National Identity Number(NIDA Number)
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationCLOSING DATE
The deadline for submitting the application is 29 February 2024.
All applications should be sent to.
CHAIRMAN OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
LULU SACCOS LTD,
OR :To be submitted by hand or through email: [email protected]