Assistant Accountant at Kahama Co-operative Union Limited
- Company: Kahama Co-operative Union Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Kahama Co-operative Union Limited (KACU Ltd) with registration number 5493 was incorporated in Tanzania in 1994 under the Co-operative Societies Act No.15 of 1991. KACU Ltd is currently operating under the Co-operative Societies Act No. 06 of 2013. The Union is domiciled and operates in Kahama District in Shinyanga Region.
Our vision is to become a strong Co-operative Union that provide good supervision, management skills to its Primary Co- operative Societies and the Community as well as to improve the economic standard of farmers and community development in Kahama District.
Our Mission is to improve productivity among members by providing progressive training for effective running of KACU LTD and its affiliated member societies.
In this regard, activities of KACU LTD have specifically expanded and the Union now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled Tanzanians to fill the following available vacancies:
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (1 Vacancy) – New Nature and scope
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Accountant. He/She will be responsible for maintenance of books of accounts, financial reporting and routine processing of the transactions relating to Finance. He/She will supervise the financial budgeting process and reporting, payment to suppliers as well as formulation of controls to safeguard the financial resources of the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and reports;
- Assist with the processing of accounts payable and receivable;
- Enter and verify the accuracy of financial transactions;
- Perform bank reconciliations and other reconciliation tasks as needed ;
- Maintain accuracy and organised financial records and documents;
- Assist with budgeting as needed;
- Support the accounting team with various projects and tasks as needed;
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office (eg. Excel)
- Responsible, physically fit with good working attitude.
- Familiar with accounting invoicing software.
- Good discipline and able to work with pressure.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A desire to learn and grow within the field of accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting.
- Self-driven analytical and detail oriented.
- Must process at least A Diploma, advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, bachelor’s degree in finance/Accountancy or equivalent.
Method of ApplicationKahama Co-operative Union Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
- Application letter showins how they meet the requirements of the position-
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae; ’
- Contacts statins name in full, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Copies of relevant certificates and Certification of Nationality; and
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
General Manager, Kahama Co-operative Union Limited, P.O.Box 51, KAHAMA. Email: [email protected]