Assistant 1 – Evaluation at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Assistant 1 – Evaluation
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Controller 2 – QAQC
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to conduct sampling and drilling activities related to DD and RC Drilling operations / activities in support of Evaluation Superintendent to archive the set targets.
- Completion of secondary school education or higher.
- At least 2 year working experience in Geology / Mining Environment.
- Experience on Geological QAQC related activities.
- Possession of a valid Tanzanian driver`s license will be an added advantage
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure a safe work environment by adhering to the minimum safety standards e.g. (PPE requirements such as gloves, Safety glasses etc., conducting TAKE 5, participating in Hazard Identification and reporting).
- Sample collection from field and submission to/from assay laboratories/MSPU as per standard operating procedures.
- Crush and Pulverize barren materials for QAQC programs; sorting and Storing of drilling and lab sample remnants (Pulp duplicate &Rejects)
- Prepare routine sample submission and the corresponding submission sheets. Record submission details as per standard operating procedure.
- Ensure timely record Keeping into designated control sheets/books
- Conduct insertion of appropriate QC materials in all grade control, Resource development and Exploration assay sample submission as per standard operating procedure.
- Sort and prepare samples for check assay, pulp resubmission, Bottle Roll, Multielement and PXRF Analysis as per SOP
- Retrieve DD hole from the core storage area (for historical holes only), cleaning and make them dry before commencing Geomet data collection
- Calibrate all the Geomet machines as per SOP before commencing Geomet data collection and keep the record
- Collect Geomet data as per SOP to archive the set targets
- Download Geomet data on completion of data collection. Document and ensure proper storage of both softcopy and hardcopy
- Participate on other QAQC activities as deemed necessary
- Numeracy Skills
- Computer Knowledge (MS Word, Excel etc.)
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork Spirit
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2021.