Assistant 1 – Coreshed at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Assistant 1 – Coreshed
Contract type & Duration: Fixed term contract (1 Year)
Reporting to: Team Lead 2 – Coreshed
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE.
The role exists to provide labor support to the resourcing and execution team by carrying out tasks as assigned including sampling and support at site coreshed, core yard and remote coreshed for RC, DD, grab sampling and any other support activities including manual work such as core moving and sample disposals.
- At least a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or Certificate in Geology/mining/mineral processing from recognized institution
- A minimum of 1 year working experience on exploration or mining environment.
- Experience on geological sampling or other exploration – related fields work.
- General awareness on safety, health and environmental aspect related to exploration fields works and sampling qualities.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Comply with all HSE rules, processes and requirements.
- Prepare sampling implements, bags and labels
- Prepare drilling pad and reclamation
- Undertake sampling of soil, trench, pit, bleg RC, DD, RAB and rock samples
- Provide required assistance on Magnetic Susceptibility determination
- Provide required assistance on Specific Gravity determination
- Carry out core photographing
- Carry out sample weighing and recording
- Undertake sample sorting and storage
- Manually move core and undertake trays labeling
- Always ensure adherence to proper housekeeping rules.
- Computer skills will be an added advantage
- Physical fitness
- Good communication skills
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th May, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE