ART Nurse x7 at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Position Title; ART Nurse; 7 positions
Reports to; Medical Officer in charges of the health facilities
Location; Oyster Bay Police Dispensary, Ukonga FFU Dispensary -Dar es Salaam, Morogoro FFU Dispensary -Morogoro, Buyekera Policeline Dispensary -Kagera, Moshi Chuo Cha Police Dispensary – Kilimanjaro and Ruanda Prison -Mbeya
Purpose and Scope of Job;
Provision of high-quality clinical HIV services according to the local (Ministry of Home Affairs, MoHCDGEC) and international standards, including reporting as per donor government and requirement
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend all clients (PLHIV and Non-PLHIV) enrolled / attending CTC to ensure clinical service are provided according to the national and international HIV treatment guidelines.
- Ensure all clients attending all service points at your facility are offered HIV counselling and testing in accordance to MOHCDGEC and MoHA guidelines.
- Ensure all patients/clients attending all service points at your facility clients are screened for their eligibility for HIV testing and all those eligible are tested.
- Facilitate and conduct index testing to sexual partners of PLHIV newly identified or attending CTC services at your facility (except prisoners).
- Ensure linkage case management model is well understood and implemented as a routine service to all new identified clients except for prisoners.
- Supervision and coordination of lay counsellors to ensure all positives identified are attached, followed, and enrolled into ART.
- Ensure all clients identified to be HIV positive are linked to care and started on ART on the same day (Same day ART initiation)
- Ensure all clients on treatment are categorized according to their stability to allow application of Differentiated Care Model for stable and unstable clients.
- Ensure pediatric population attending the facility are screened for optimized PITC using children specific screening tool.
- Ensure all positive children are started on optimized ART and those who are on old regimen to change the regimen to TLD.
- Ensure adherence and retention on ART of pediatric clients hence successfully viral suppression
- Coordinate and facilitate children Saturday clinics and teen clubs.
- Ensure availability is pediatric job aides, posters and working tools.
- Ensure HIV Viral Load coverage at your clinic is at 95%
- Ensure TB screening to all PLHIV on ART, suspects are diagnosed and treated and those eligible for IPT are initiated and successfully complete.
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation (ensure proper documentation of all services provided and reports are developed and submitted as per MOHA, MOHCDGEC, THPS and USAID guidance.
- Ensure HIV Ql Team is available and Ql activities are implemented successfully correctly.
- Implement PMTCT activities in the health facility.
- Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- At least Form Four level of secondary education.
- Must be an Enrolled Nurse
- Knowledge on computer will be an added advantage. (Ms Word, Excel, and MS
- At least three experiences of working with HIV/AIDS program at CTC.
- Capable of independently or under minimal supervision.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 3rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘ART Nurse”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.