Area Supervisor Post-Harvest at Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL) is a company owned by the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Prisons Corporation Sole (PCS). The Company was established on 6th September 2016. The main objective of the company is to undertake production of sugar in Tanzania.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company and WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THESE POSITIONS as follows:
AREA SUPERVISOR POST-HARVEST 1 – Position:
He or she will be reporting to Senior Mill Cane Planter.
Description of Duties:
- Supervise all farming activities, timing and quality standards related to cane production;
- Execute and supervise farm resource and activity plans;
- Supervise farm activities and implement continuous improvement measures to ensure adherence to activity standards;
- Monitor correct use of materials and other farm inputs;
- Ensure all assets within the farm are properly maintained;
- Carryout inspections and activity assessments and submit reports to Senior Miller Cane Planter;
- Maintain discipline within the team;
- Keep daily record of farm activity data for capturing into cane production data system;
- Assist management in monitoring requirement in line with farm plan;
- Implement continuous improvement practices by monitoring work practices, and ensuring that tools and techniques are applied to deliver high quality sugar cane;
- Conduct on the job training and instruction on various farm activities;
- Report any identified risks to management;
- Monitoring and execution of farm activities by service provides to ensure compliance with standards; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the management.
Diploma or Bachelor degree in Agriculture/Agronomy/ Horticulture or equivalent qualifications.
At least two (2) years as supervisor on post-harvest activities in commercial sugarcane production.
General condition: all applicants should have accomplished Secondary School Education and possess an Ordinary Certificate or an Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
Method of ApplicationCandidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below WITH THE POSITION APPLIED WRITTEN ON THE TOP OF THE ENVELOPE, describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of Academic Certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. Only shortlisted and successfully interviewed candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.0 BOX 1079,
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 November 2022.