Area Supervisor-Irrigation at Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL)
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED
Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL) is a company owned by the National Social Security
Fund (NSSF) and Prisons Corporation Sole (PCS). The Company was established on 6th September 2016. The main objective of the company is to undertake the production of sugar in Tanzania.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced, and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill the vacancy positions currently available in the company WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THESE POSITIONS as follows:
Area Supervisor-Irrigation – 1 Position: He/She will be reporting to the Senior Miller Cane Planter Officer and will be supervising Irrigation team Lead, Pump Operator and Irrigators.
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities:
- Provide inputs in the preparation of irrigation activities plan and operation budget;
- Supervises application of water to cane fields by using installed irrigation systems;
- Monitors and keep records of irrigation performance parameters;
- Ensure the irrigation line has been placed in the correct location by physically inspecting the irrigation line after every shift;
- Ensure Irrigation lines are shifted as per set standard;
- Performs minor maintenance of Irrigation and drainage infrastructure to ensure they performing as per laid down standards;
- Conduct on-the-job training and instruction on the irrigation of cane;
- Ensure proper dry-off is done before harvesting; ix. Controls daily work attendance for allocated manpower; and
- Perform any other lawful activity as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience:
Diploma in Irrigation/Agriculture/Agronomy/Horticulture or equivalent qualifications and should have at least three (3) years’ experience in large-scale agricultural production.
Salaries and other fringe benefits for the above vacancies will be paid by the Company’s Salary Structure and other related manuals.
General condition: All applicants should have accomplished Secondary School Education and possess an Ordinary Certificate of Secondary Education.
Method of ApplicationCandidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CVs to the address below WITH THE POSITION APPLIED WRITTEN ON THE TOP OF THE ENVELOPE, describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of Academic Certificates, names and contacts of three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 September 2023