ARDU Supervisor at Church World Service
- Company: Church World Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
|Job Title:||Africa Regional Deployment Unit Supervisor|
|Grade:||Level 1 Manager|
|Section:||Africa Regional Deployment Unit (ARDU)|
|Location:||Kasulu, Tanzania (National)|
CWS RSC Africa
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/ Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This is a full time position that is responsible for the management of the Africa Regional Deployment
Unit (ARDU). This includes coordination with CWS RSC Africa Programs, BPRM Regional Refugee Coordinators and UNHCR to determine strategic use of deployments to increase referrals and manage cases in the pipeline for the US Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) in Africa, as well as the management of staff assigned.
This position reports primarily to the Kasulu-based Programs Manager and technically to the ARDU Manager based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This position primarily supervises Resettlement Officer, Senior Resettlement Officer and Best Interests Determination (BID) Specialist positions.
- Co-ordinates on-boarding of new staff and facilitates trainings, both in the office and while in the field.
- Organizes bi-annual trainings for ARDU staff.
- Ensures regular updates to ARDU Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Develops in-house training materials and ensures existing training materials are kept up to date.
- Conducts site visits to field locations to monitor staff progress.
- Travels throughout the region for deployment, often on short notice, as needed.
- Completes staff evaluations for the staff under their supervision.
- Co-ordinates staff’s leave requests.
- Conducts RRF review at the UNHCR regional offices and can also conduct remote reviewing for the UNHCR regional office locations when requested.
- Trains deployees prior to deployments and leads staff development between deployments.
- Oversees the finalization of Terms of Reference for deployees in coordination with the ARDU Manager.
- Monitors and ensures the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding between UNHCR and CWS RSC Africa.
- Prepares reports for the ARDU Manager, both quantitative and qualitative, on deployees’ output and keeps the Program Manager informed.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the USRAP and refugee situations throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Other duties as assigned by the ARDU Manager, the Program Manager and/ or the management at large.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, or four (4) years of related work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
Master’s degree in a related field of study (including international affairs, refugee law, human rights or social work) is preferred.
- Two to three years of related experience required. Previous supervisory experience required, including training and capacity building of staff.
- Familiarity with the UN Convention and Protocol relating to the status of refugees required.
- RRF writing experience required.
- Overseas processing or US refugee resettlement experience preferred.
- Previous experience conducting trainings or presentations preferred.
- Previous reporting and monitoring and evaluation experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program.
- Knowledge of International Refugee Law required.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Sub-Saharan Africa refugee situations preferred.
The ARDU Supervisor must have the ability to:
- Represent CWS RSC Africa with partners;
- Travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS RSC Africa;
- Maintain a high performance standard with meticulous attention to detail;
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS RSC Africa;
- Take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe;
- Maintain strict confidentiality with CWS RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
- Effectively manage CWS RSC Africa’s resources; and
- Actively participate in the successful implementation of the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires sitting, standing, walking, handling objects (manual dexterity), using fine finger movements and carrying/ lifting light loads up to 25 kg.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position must be able to travel to remote locations. The US Embassy rates Tanzania as both HIGH in crime and HIGH in terrorism. Incumbents should fully understand the insecurities present within Tanzania and the region.
Police Clearance Certificate issued within the last one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment.
A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate must be legally eligible to work and obtain a work permit in deployment locations in sub-Saharan Africa.
The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. A certificate of good health is required before the start of deployment. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination and all required inoculations before traveling for ARDU.
Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
Licensing/Certification: None required.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyse information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Successfully lead a group to achieve operational goals. Examples of skills and behaviors include priority setting; timely decision making; planning and organizing; delegation; and managing and measuring work.
Building and Leading Effective Teams
Earn the respect of team members, create strong morale and spirit on the team and utilize the unique skills of all team members. Examples of skills and behaviors include managing diverse relationships; flexibility; being open and receptive; running effective team meetings; and exhibiting integrity and trustworthiness.
Accurately anticipate future consequences and trends and translate them into the fulfilment of workable strategies and plans. Examples of skills and behaviors include problem solving; dealing with ambiguity, creativity; innovation management and business acumen.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th January, 2021.