Applications Support Analyst at Absa Group Limited
- Company: Absa Group Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Absa Jobs in Tanzania - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
To manage the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of all Applications systems to enable the use of appropriate platform technology, as an integral and reliable component of business process within country. Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects associated with Applications and liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
Accountability: Service (Applications) Availability
The prime responsibility is for maintaining the availability and reliability of applications to ensure that IT can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- Provide a range of application availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Successfully facilitate delivery of changes to reports needed by the business and ensure that reports and their dependencies are made available for the business.
- Provide holistic support of application availability to Business Users.
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact application availability.
- Ensure shortfalls in application availability are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed.
- Take action on agreed appropriate actions with Line Management to maintain or improve application availability levels.
- Initiate and coordinate actions required to maintain or improve availability of applications.
- Act as a coordination point for changes to applications when needed.
- Maintain an awareness of technology advancements and best practices that support application availability.
Accountability: Test Management
Responsibility is to ensure that proper testing occurs for all Application changes released into the production environments as assigned to you by Line Management.
- Work closely with Release Analysts
- Review releases and assign appropriate release testing tasks
- Compile and review the Testing Deliverables
- Conduct installation procedure tests
- Participate in functional, performance, and integration testing results
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate back out testing
- Conduct supporting documentation review
- Compile test results
- Conduct release test review
- Coordinate post release testing
- Validate and communicate results of testing activities
Accountability: Risk Management
- Build relationship with country IT Risk and Governance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
Accountability: People Management
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging reviews.
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader. Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
Undertake all necessary training in order to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd August, 2022.