API Integration Developer – Assistant Manager at Exim Bank
- Company: Exim Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Incumbent in this position shall perform all duties related to the review, assessment, and development of business processes. To collaborate with a team of software developers (External) in studying bank operations; designing, build, test and install software solutions or modify/upgrade existing applications; support and develop software to meet key business goals.
- Create designs for technical solutions to resolve business problems and tryout components of new systems for efficiency.
- Actively participate in systems/projects scoping, design, and pricing exercises as part of the development and business teams[*]
- Work with Manager Core Applications Support and Business Analyst to ensure resource utilization targets are met.
- Responsible for bringing together components, software subsystems into a whole and ensuring that those subsystems function together by:
- Studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas.
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating impact analysis, problem definition, user requirements, proposed solutions and efforts required.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear pseudo-codes.
- Developing and conducting testing plans and procedures based upon system requirements.
- Identify systems deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Communicating and enforcing coding standards; and recommending changes in policies, processes and procedures.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend systems/equipment/technologies based on user requirements and ICT system enterprise architecture.
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in education opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Bsc in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Agile/Scrum certification as an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience in the software development industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience developing mobile applications (native and/or hybrid), iOS/AndroidAVindows
- Experience with integrations with Banks products/systems is an added advantage
- Experience with variety of databases and object-relational mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Experience with DevOps tools and practices, including CI/CD, Automated Builds & Release Pipelines, etc.
- Software design principles, patterns, and techniques, like solid, clean code, design patterns and thinking.
- Knowledge of the trending banking software’s and technologies in the market
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Sense of when to escalate a problem or ask for assistance
- Problem-solving and follow-through; pragmatic and thorough
- Familiarity with Agile’s Scrum development methodologies
- Fluent in at least one of the languages (Java, C++, Kotlin) – Java as an added advantage
- Knowledge on varieties of MVC frameworks/systems – Spring or Java EE as an added advantage
- Deep knowledge of mobile frameworks at the OS level (iOS, Android & Windows)
- Familiar with the latest mobile application trends and technologies in banking
Application deadline:- 4th September 2023.
Method of ApplicationApplications are to be sent to: [email protected] with the subject being: API Integration Developer – Assistant Manager
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted