Animal Production Specialist at FAO
- Company: FAO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is seeking to recruit a national staff to support the process of formulating revised national livestock policy.
The Project Team Leader will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Tanzania, under the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO representative responsible for Programme, the technical supervision of FAO Lead Technical Officer, and guidance from Project Task Force.
The Animal production Specialist will make sure that the project is aligned with the beneficiaries, country’s needs and priorities, and ownership of the project is ensured. The Policy and Planning Directorate at the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries is the key implementing partner for this project. All activities will be discussed, planned and implemented in collaboration with the Policy and Planning Directorate, and designated National Project Coordinator to work alongside FAO experts.
The project will closely work under the leadership of the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries and direct leadership of the Policy and Planning Directorate. On the other hand, the Directorates of Animal Production and Marketing, Research, Training and Extension, Grazing land and Animal Feeds and Veterinary Services will be closely involved.
Tasks and responsibilities
The tasks to be carried out by the Animal production Specialist will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Implement all animal production interventions during project implementation;
- Develop partnership and collaboration with relevant institutions to enable availability of animal production information and statistics relevant for the formulation of national livestock policy;
- Assist the Team Leader and the National Project coordinator in the preparation of work plan, concept notes for technical meetings and workshops;
- Lead technical discussions on animal production, animal feed, husbandry, animal genetics, range management, etc. with resources person and partners and compile information on those components of the national livestock policy;
- Organize and participate in field missions and meetings planned;
- Support documentations of project results and preparation of regular and ad hoc reports;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in animal science/production or related fields
- At least 5 years’ experience in livestock, agriculture and related fields working at national level;
- At least 5 years direct involvement in managing animal production or livestock development at national level;
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- National of Tanzania
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Additional training in policy or strategy development will be an asset
- Prior experience in livestock policy and strategy at national level
- Demonstration of ability to manage projects and resources efficiently and in a timely manner;
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write proposals, documents and technical reports;
- Good facilitation skills and ability to conduct community level workshops/seminars;
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th June, 2021.