Agronomist-Crop at Mkulazi Holding Company Limited (MHCL)
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Company Limited (MHCL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacant positions currently available in the company as follows below…
Agronomist-Crop (1 Post)
The person will assist the Senior Agronomist to develop and implement sustainable Agronomic practices with the eventual aim to cover the gap between the actual and attainable yield potential for each field. He/She will report to Senior Agronomist
Duties of Agronomist-Crop:
- Supervising proper cane husbandry for the estate;
- Initiating and managing all the field trials under agronomy that include data collection, analysis and report writing;
- Evaluate yields from each field and propose the replant program as per replant policy;
- Managing the seed cane production activities (multiplication plots, Hot WaterTreatment and nursery);
- Advice on proper cane variety to be used based on their performance such as sucrose content, soil type water availability and their resistance to pests and diseases;
- Collaborating with Tanzania Agriculture Research Institute-Kibaha in collection of data regarding pests and disease research on the estate;
- Regularly inspect and assess the pests and diseases situation on the estate and Establish a disease control program;
- Maintain the meteorological station to ensure that data of high quality are collected, recorded, analyzed and archived; and
- Perform any other lawful duties assigned by his/her supervisors.
Qualification and Experience:
- Holder of Bsc. in Agronomy/Agricultural General;
- More than 3years experience with sugarcane husbandry;
- Research oriented with experience in agronomic experiments, trial work and evaluation;
- Good business acumen and agricultural expertise, with ability to anticipate, interpret and respond to changes impacting on the functional area;
- Must be proficiency with computer especially MS word, Excel and outlook;
- Excellent mentoring skills, interpersonal skills, leadership and initiative Skills; and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Salaries and Other Fringe Benefits will be as per the Company’s Salary scales/structures and the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service, 2019.
General condition: all applicants should have accomplished secondary school education and possess an ordinary certificate or an advanced certificate of secondary education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
The deadline for submitting the application is September 15th, 2020.