Agronomist at LVIA
- Company: LVIA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
LVIA is an Italian NGO operating in Dodoma region. The organization is based in Kongwa town and implements activities across the Kongwa, Chamwino & Bahi districts. For the implementation of the new project, “Diverse Food System: Improving Nutrition by Supporting a Diversified and Sustainable Food System,” LVIA is looking for the following:
Summary: The Agronomist will serve as a trainer and communicator for the Agriculture Team, stakeholders, and beneficiaries; She / He will implement the Agriculture development program at the field level effectively and communicate & support the farmers.
Duration: The contract is 1 year period with 3 months’ probation. High possibility to renew for two more years, depending on funds & candidate’s performance.
Place of duty: Dodoma (LVIA Office)
Tentative starting date: Mid November 2022
About You: You are a people person; you enjoy being in the field but also perform in the office when necessary; you are flexible and ready to move; you are fluent in English, a confident communicator, and able to put across your meaning transparently.
- At least Diploma in Agronomy or relevant field
- At least three years of experience in the same field
- At least three years of experience in technical reporting & support of field activity implementation
- Computer Literature
- Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield
- Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the devastating crop events
- Collecting seed, plant & soil samples; perform testing for nutritional deficiencies or diseases
- Training the beneficiaries about the best practices for soil conservation and plant growth
- Communicate on time any feedback that can affect the successful implementation of the project
- Build and maintain good relationships with both project beneficiaries & local authorities
- Be aware and respectful of gender balance, socio-cultural aspects, staff safety, unethical & mismanagement behavior, proper environmental management
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send their CV, a motivational letter, a copy of professional certificates, and possibly, the details of three referees.
Please indicate the job you are applying for, like in the example: LVIA /Agronomist / Your Name & Surname. Send to: [email protected] and [email protected] or apply directly to the LVIA Office in Kongwa by 31st of October 2022.
NOTE: All application Letters should be written in English, and you will be required to bring Original professional certificates during the interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by telephone or email; the job interview will be held in the LVIA Kongwa office.
P.O. BOX 160 Kongwa Tanzania