Agro-mechanics Technician at Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy (Uchumi wa Kati) by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company as follows:
AGRO-MECHANICS TECHNICIAN (1 Post).
- This person will do diagnosis, maintenance and repair on Trailers and Implement (Trailers, Heavy ripper, Disc ploughs, Ridger/Light furrower, Scraper, Chemical/Water bowser etc) including fabrication and modification of equipment as directed by his senior. He/she shall be reporting to the Workshop Supervisor. Posted on mabumbe website
Duties and responsibilities of Agro-Mechanics Technician:
- Repair and maintenance of Trailers and Implement (Trailers, Heavy ripper, Disc ploughs, Ridger/Light furrower, Scraper, Chemical/Water bowser etc);
- Fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment through the use of Boiler makers, cutters, shapers and measuring tools;
- Read and interpret diagrams, sketches and blueprints to determine operations, required materials and timeframes for projects.
- Set up, operate and maintain welding equipment;
- Ensure proper use of Job cards and documentation of maintenance or repair activities;
- Advise his/her senior on the spares needed on trailers implements;
- Setting of the implements after repair or when need arise;
- Ensure safety at workplace are adhered; and
- Any other lawful duties as she/he may be assigned by his senior.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Holder of Trade Test certificate or full technician Certificate in Agro- Mechanisation or equivalent coupled with provable on job training;
- At least five (5) year experience working in Agro-mechanic field plantation; and
- Knowledge in computer application.
Salaries and other Fringe Benefits for all these posts will be as per Mkulazi Salary Scales and Structures and in accordance with the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service of the company, 2019.
- ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE ACCOMPLISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION AND POSSES AN ORDINARY CERTIFICATE OR AN ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION OR ITS EQUIVALENT AND SHOULD NOT BE ABOVE 45 YEARS OF AGE.
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED, P.O BOX 1079, MOROGORO. Deadline 7 June, 2020