Agricultural Innovations and Extension Lead at One Acre Fund
- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Agricultural Innovation and Extension Lead evaluates and scales the most impactful agricultural practices and products for our farmers. Successful innovations are identified by understanding our client needs and market trends. Scaling these innovations, however, requires extension experience and an eye for behavior change to encourage the adoption of better agricultural practices.
- You will lead our farmer extension and advisory services by developing farmer-facing materials and using technology to increase the number of farmers we reach with good agricultural practices.
- You will lead our crop diversification strategy by designing and marketing new product packages and behavior change campaigns that encourage farmers to devote more land to profitable crops.
- You will lead our climate strategy by completing agricultural field research trials.
- You will report to the Impact Division Lead.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years experience of work experience in agricultural extension, research, or marketing.
- Experience with Stata / R and Excel (can perform complex functions and create graphs) is preferred, but is not strictly required.
- Masters degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, or related field preferred, but is not strictly required.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Kiswahili is not required, but an added advantage.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
20 February 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th April, 2022.