Agency Fund Manager at TADB
- Company: TADB
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012.The bank has the following key objectives:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacancies:
AGENCY FUND MANAGER -1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and scope:
Reporting to the Director of Comercial Development & Structured Investment, the Agency Fund Manager will be responsible for management of all funds received from the Government, its Departments and Agencies, Developmental Partners and other stakeholders as per applicable agency agreements.
- Manage all funds received from the Government, its Departments and Agencies, Developmental Parters and other stakeholders as per applicable agency agreements.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, processes and systems for efficient and effective utilization of the funds.
- Receive and process applications for the funds and manage all disbursement to beneficiaries to ensure that the funds are utilized as envisioned.
- Monitor, evaluate and supervise utilization of the funds then prepare and submit financial and operational Reports (monthly, quarterly or yearly) to fund owners as agreed;
- Account for utilization of the funds.
- Ensuring that TADB benefits from fund management services, this includes collection of non- interest income for the bank such as management fees for management of each particular fund.
- Liaise with relevant Divisions, Departments and Units to follow-up on performance of projects which operate on managed funds. Administer all resources allocated to the Department, including offering technical and operational support to staff members in the Department.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness, Rural Development, Agricultural Extension, Economics, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years’relevant experience of which four must be in a senior position in a busy development/commercial bank or banking/- finance institution.
- Working experience with smallholder farmers and development partners.
- Practical knowledge of market analysis, project cycle and results-based management (RBM).
- Should posses networking skills to be able to build excellent relationships and feel comfortable with networking to stay informed about industry trends.
- Should possess high level of documentation skills to be able to prepare financial documents such as disclosures and reports. Communication skills is essential to be able to maintain high level of professionalism as role interacts mostly with other financial services professionals.
- Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision.
- Passion for sustainable development, strong relationship skills, excellent sense of leadership and initiative.
- Possession of knowledge of the banking industry and its related laws, regulations, policies and procedures will be an added advantage.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Method of Application
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through this email, [email protected] Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 1 st September 2020.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: Website: www.tadb.co.tz