Advocacy Officer – ECSA at Sightsavers
- Company: Sightsavers
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Contract: Two year fixed term contract
Sightsavers have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with programme development and/or International Development experience to join our international team of advocacy specialists.
You will work closely with staff based across the world and from a wide range of teams to support the development and delivery of Sightsavers’ global advocacy function across the East, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA) region, sharing the successes and learnings from this work and building relationships with key stakeholders.
This role would suit an individual with a background in, or good understanding of, public health or education and experience in programme development or international development, who is confident in developing relationships and influencing partnerships at a global level.
Knowledge, skills and experience required for Advocacy Officer
- Ability to demonstrate good understanding, experience or knowledge in one or more of the following; Programme Development, Advocacy, Policy
- Understanding of international development issues and/or knowledge of current issues and best practice in international development
- Experience of building relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of communicating complex ideas to a range of audiences and stakeholders at a national and international level
- Experience of working internationally
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience of and ability to network and inspire others
- An academic qualification in a relevant subject such as Social Science, Public Health, International Development, Education, Advocacy
- Experience of supporting advocacy work at national and international levels
The Advocacy Officer (ECSA) is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details here.
Closing date: 26 September 2021
Interviews are likely to take place in early to mid-October and are expected to consist of a two-stage interview and possibly a written task.
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th September , 2021.