Advocacy Lead-Food, Fuel and Finance Crisis at HelpAge International
- Company: HelpAge International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Department: Income Security
Fixed term contract: 6 months
Grade: UK Grade E or equivalent according to location / type of contract
Global Food, Fuel and Finance Crisis
The evolving global food, fuel and finance crisis is having a devastating effect on older people in some of the world’s most vulnerable countries. This crisis is heightened as a result of the Russian war in Ukraine but builds on the ongoing effects of the global pandemic, pre-existing levels of poverty and the increasingly destructive consequences of climate change, including droughts, floods and resource related conflict.
HelpAge International is collecting data on the implications of this crisis for older people in 10 countries. We are also drawing on our experience of crises since 1983 in countries including South Sudan, Sri Lanka and Yemen which allows an insight into what may happen if an appropriate response, that includes the voices of older people and responds to them, is not mounted immediately.
It is critical to sound the alarm now so that key global actors in food, energy and finance systems address the issues raised by older people and include older people in their response plans.
We are now seeking a passionate, professional and experienced candidate for a roles to support our response to this crisis. We are looking for talent which thrives in collaborating with others (inside HelpAge International and beyond) and who can work in agile ways and across boundaries.
Let’s talk about you
You will be someone with:
· Proven abilities and experience in influencing decision-makers on policy, planning and delivery
· Understanding of global humanitarian and development policy and frameworks.
· Strong knowledge of global institutional structures and how they can be navigated to seek out strategic opportunities that produce change.
· Comfortable with complex issues with the ability to convert them into clear and actionable demands for decision-makers
· Excellent communication, representative and persuasive skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication abilities in English.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and dependably with colleagues in a way that encourages experimentation, learning and agency and develop positive relationships with dispersed terms.
· Strong food systems knowledge and experience.
· Knowledge and experience in humanitarian responses.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for a job at HelpAge, please read the full job Description available on HelpAge website: www.helpage.org and submit the following documents:
· A cover letter, setting out how you meet the requirements of the job profile.
· Your current curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
· Three referees, including your most recent employer
To be considered, please read the job description to find out more information and then email your application to [email protected] indicating the job title in the subject.
Closing date: We will review the applications as and when they are received due to the urgent need to fill the role.
Important Message: Please ensure that you remove personal information including your date of birth, age, gender and marital status from your CV. Please do not include any photographs.