Advisor CD PPOH at GIZ
- Company: GIZ
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Advisor Capacity Development Pandemic Prevention and Response, One Health
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
On behalf of the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Global Programme for “Pandemic Prevention and Response, One Health” aims to strengthen national, regional and global capacities for epidemic prevention and response with a One Health approach. It is based on the BMZ’s One Health Strategy, which identified interfaces between biodiversity, environmental, human and animal health for pandemic prevention and places a special focus on the detection and control of novel zoonoses.
Within the framework of the Global Programme, a regional package aims to support the institutionalisation of the One Health approach in the East African Community (EAC) and to strengthen and expand capacities relevant to pandemic prevention with a One Health approach based on regional needs and priorities. The regional package will be implemented in close coordination with the existing project to support pandemic preparedness in the EAC region (PanPrep).
GIZ is currently looking to fill the position of Advisor Capacity Development for Pandemic Prevention and Response, One Health in the East African Community (EAC).
Duty station: Arusha, Tanzania (East African Community) Fixed term contract
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Supporting the strategic, conceptual and financial coordination and implementation of the regional activities of the Global Programme in the EAC with a focus on human capacity development (HCD).
- Coordinating, managing and supervising the work of short-term experts focused on HCD in the area of pandemic preparedness and response, One Health (PPOH).
- Overseeing and quality assurance of a PPOH capacity needs assessment in EAC Partner States in cooperation with the EAC Secretariat.
- On the basis of the needs assessment and in close collaboration with relevant EAC structures and partners, support the development of HCD plans for PPOH and related activities, including monitoring their implementation.
- Supporting a review and an update of a regional PPOH capacity development course in close collaboration with the relevant EAC Expert Working Group (EWG) and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. Inter-University Council for East Africa and regulatory bodies) and its ongoing regional roll-out.
- Support of monitoring, knowledge management and reporting within the Global Programme, and for its external representation (e.g. support of knowledge sharing and dissemination, participation in stakeholder meetings and public dialogues).
- Close cross-sectoral cooperation with the EAC Secretariat
and representatives of the EAC Partner States as well as with relevant regional, continental, and international institutions, academic institutions, organizations and networks.
- Cooperation and coordination with the GIZ team on site, with the PanPrep project and other relevant projects, and with partner structures in the EAC region, including in identifying, developing and exploiting synergies and gathering best practices and sharing lessons learnt.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Completed university studies in social science, education, health sciences, development studies or another degree programme relevant to capacity development in the area of international development, in particular global health (Master degree).
- At least five (5) years of experience working in capacity development, particularly in adult learning or academic teaching and learning, designing trainings and courses, curriculum development, didactics and digital technologies in teaching and learning and South-to-South learning formats, with several years of experience in coordination and implementation of relevant projects.
- Several years of work experience in international collaboration; knowledge of GIZ procedures and processes, in particular approaches to capacity development, is an advantage.
- Knowledge of policies, objectives, concepts, methods and institutions of international and regional cooperation, particularly in the thematic field of PPOH and/or global health.
- Excellent advisory skills, strong conceptual and strategic skills, high performance under pressure and a solution and goal-oriented approach.
- Strong teamwork skills in diverse, multicultural teams, cooperation and communication skills; political and strategic intuition, sensitivity and diplomatic skills as well as very good networking skills. Prior work and/or cooperation experiences with the EAC Secretariat and/or other key stakeholders in the region are an advantage.
- Fluent language proficiency in English, both written and spoken. Advanced skills in French and/or Swahili are desirable, language skills in German are an advantage.
- Preparedness to travel frequently in the EAC region.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to [email protected]
Please use the subject line “Advisor CD PPOH”. Closing date for submission: 24.12.2021 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability, or any other minority group.