Advertising Project Director, BRIGHT Project Tanzania at Nutrition International
- Company: Nutrition International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Employment Type: Full Time open to all nationalities . However Tanzanian Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Location: Tabora, Tanzania
Deadline for submission: July 29 2022 Note :Those who have already applied should not apply again
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 600 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Program Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting, and review processes. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Nutrition International is seeking applications for Project Director, Building Rights for Improved Girls’ Health in Tanzania (BRIGHT) to be based in Tabora, Tanzania.
You will have a Master’s degree in Nutrition, Public health, International Development and/or related field from a recognized University. Training in Epidemiology and Research Methodology is an asset.
At least 10 years work experience with NGOs, UN agencies or similar working on public health, reproductive health, food security and/or nutrition related programs. At least 5 years’ experience working in gender in Tanzania or elsewhere in a project management or senior technical role.
Solid knowledge and experience working with multi-cultural global team in a dynamic and growing organization, expertise and commitment to integrating gender equality into public health and/or development programs and expertise in health system strengthening will be a significant advantage.
Skills on excellent communication, presentation and training skills, effective interpersonal skills, team player and team leader, strategic mindset, problem solving skills, competent IT skills and ability to uphold discretion and integrity.
Fluent in written and spoken in English and Swahili.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Oversee and work closely with government stakeholders and implementing partners to develop a detailed project implementation plan and annual workplans that clearly define the strategies, activities, and resources (time, money, and equipment etc.) required for effective implementation of the project; and update workplans regularly to ensure the timely completion of activities and achievement of the deliverables.
- Facilitate the articulation of project scope, goals and deliverables and ensure they are understood by project staff, implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Manage sub-contracting agreements and relations with service providers and consultants/firms of the project, according to NI’s strict policies. This includes the development of Terms of Reference, service provided and consultant/firm selection, contracting, monitoring and end of contract processes.
- Manage and support NI’s project partners to ensure they are able to provide their full and positive contribution to the project and can meet their contractual obligations to NI.
- Initiate and support project quality improvements through the project cycle by directly providing advice and operations support to the Technical Director, Regional Manager, MEAL and Reporting Manager, Administration and Finance Manager and the Country Director.
- Work with the project partners, technical advisors, and CD to conduct regular learning reviews and ensure this information feeds into new NI projects.
- Prepare reports according to the donor calendar that captures progress on project plans, significant project achievements and NI’s contribution to change.
- Ensure that all NI project staff (and indirectly the staff of NI’s implementing partners) receive appropriate orientation to the project.
- In consultation with appropriate managers, interview, select, hire and induct new project team members with appropriate skill for the jobs.
- Ensure the overall leadership of the project team in accordance with NI’s values.
- Ensure that the contracts database is regularly updated, regular relevant reports are generated, and budget variances are adequately explained and managed.
- Develop quarterly cash flow projections and monitor actuals and review variance analysis monthly to ensure the project operates within its budget parameters.
- Build and strengthen relationships with key project stakeholders and implementing partners to ensure that the project is harmonized with other donors funded project/programs and facilitates government leadership and ownership.
- Ensure positive communication and build a positive relationship with the donor and government agencies at national, regional and local level.
- Ensure budget for office management are properly and transparently managed, in liaison with the Regional Finance Director.
- Ensure the NI project office space and environment is appropriate, meets acceptable standards of safety, security and hygiene, and is properly maintained.
- And any other task as requested by the Country Director.
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Those who had applied earlier should not apply again.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your applicat
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th July, 2022.