Adult Care & Treatment/TBHIV Officer at ICAP
- Company: ICAP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania - International Centre for AIDS Care & Treatment Program (ICAP) Jobs in Tanzania
|Position Title:||Adult Care & Treatment/TBHIV Officer|
|Reports to:||District Program Lead|
|Travel:||Up to 70% in intervention districts|
The Adult Care and Treatment (C&T)/TBHIV Officer will oversee and coordinate the implementation of adult HIV care, treatment, and TBHIV services in a district council. S/he will coordinate the adult C&T/TBHIV portfolio to ensure efficient implementation, M&E, CQI implementation, and reporting of all interventions and indicators. In addition, s/he will work with the respective CHMT members in collaboration with other ICAP staff, facility providers, and expert clients to ensure that all activities are implemented per GoT and PEPFAR standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the design, implementation, M&E, data use, CQI, reporting, and documentation of adult HIV care, treatment, and TBHIV activities
- Work with CHMTs and other ICAP staff to build capacity and mentor facility providers on implementing program priorities, such as timely ART initiation for newly identified HIV clients, viral load suppression, establishment and management of viremia clinics for clients with high HIV viral load, including enhanced adherence counseling (EAC) fidelity, intensive TB screening and case finding among PLHIVs, IPT initiation, and completion, and all other interventions as per the national and donor guidance.
- Work with district teams to implement innovative, data-driven, quality adult HIV care, treatment, and TBHIV services, including providing male-friendly services and support for PLHIV support groups.
- Work as part of the multi-disciplinary technical team to provide site support to district teams in ensuring effective linkages for adult HIV care, treatment, and TBHIV services
- Provide technical assistance (TA) to the CHMT members and support facilities in planning, implementation, M&E, and reporting of adult HIV care, treatment, and TBHIV interventions.
- Collaborate with CHMT to assess and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs in adult HIV care, treatment, and TBHIV services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, and design remediation strategies using CQI methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards and best practices for program implementation and that all programs are implemented per national guidelines and policy, protocols, SOPs, good clinical practice, and ethical/regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the data collection, analysis, and use at facility and district council levels and contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Lead the documentation of program success stories and lessons learned in the relevant technical areas for internal and external release/publication.
- Coordinate and facilitate the monthly meeting for sharing challenges and strategies for the improvement of adult HIV care, treatment, and TBHIV activities
- Support sites to understand targets, align their strategies and activities towards them and meet their set performance targets
- Perform any other duties as will be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Required Education: Medical degree (MD, MBBS, or equivalent) or Master’s degree or higher in the following fields: Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or related discipline.
- Required Technical Experience: Minimum 3 years’ work experience in the HIV field including demonstrated experience and knowledge working on HIV care, treatment, and TBHIV programs.
o Preferred: Experience working with PEPFAR-funded HIV programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at the minimum; preferred proficiency with statistical Software such as SAS and SPSS).
- Ability to provide high-quality technical assistance to districts and facilities.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th August, 2023.