Administrative Officer at Legal Services Facility (LSF)
- Company: Legal Services Facility (LSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Legal Services Facility (LSF) is a registered non-government Organization (NGO) with Registration No. 00NGO/R2/00011. The LSF is equipping organizations that are providing legal aid and paralegal services in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar. The LSF advocates for inclusive access to justice, including supporting individuals to claim their rights, redress grievances and protect their fundamental human rights.
The LSF’s overall goal is to increase access to justice through a legal empowerment approach, in particular for women and girls.
Post: Administrative Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
The Administrative Officer on a daily basis will ensure the smooth running of the front office, manages all forms of office communications(mail, telephone, fax, etc.) support administration activities, and pursue any other related activities under the supervision of the HR & Admin Manager.
Reports to the HR & Admin Manager
3.1 Front desk management
- Ensure the smooth running of the front office (reception), answer incoming telephone calls, and respond to inquiries on issues related to the program
- Receive visitors, clients, and program partners and direct them accordingly
3.2 Office communication
- Sort, open, and distribute mail and faxes
- Manages and distributes the LSF info email address
- File incoming and outgoing mail
- Monitor and maintain records for incoming/outgoing calls and faxes
- Maintain telephone, mobile, mailing, and distribution lists (addresses, P.O. Boxes)
- Monitor telephone usage and ensure billing for personal calls
- Draft routine correspondence (letters, faxes, and e-mails) to clients and program partners
3.4 Administrative Activities
- Manages office supplies and keeps updated records of office stationery and other supplies.
- Assists in case required grant management with calls for proposals; maintains and oversees the grant management unit’s filing system to ensure an effective grant management system
- Assists the HR & Admin Manager with HRM duties and confidential filing
- Ensures regular and timely payments for utilities, rent, insurance, etc. are undertaken and that regular updates in insurance policies for staff medical, vehicles, and others are performed in case required.
- Maintain the filing system in collaboration with Managers.
- Perform general administrative duties such as maintaining general files, typing, data entry,
opening mail, and completing and processing standard purchasing forms.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Preparing requests for purchase, Goods received notes GRN) and Goods Issue notes (GRI)
- Arrange and book workshops including invitations to participants, seminars, and meetings
- Organizes all aspects of field visits
- Assists staff plan and booking travel arrangements such as flights, hotels, and activities.
- Guide and advise staff on travel destinations, budgets, and travel requirements such as visas and vaccinations.
- Assists with any other duties, reasonable within the framework of an administrative job, assigned by the supervisor.
- The minimum education requirement is Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least two years experience in administrative, secretarial, receptionist, or customer care.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Planning and organizing
- Problem assessment and problem-solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th August, 2023.