Administrative Assistant(m/f/x) at Enabel
- Company: Enabel
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tabora, Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is operating in Tanzania as a public limited company under public law with a social purpose in accordance with article 7 (iii) of the General Agreement between The United Republic of Tanzania and The Kingdom of Belgium on Development Co-operation signed on 16th of October 2002, and the introduction Letter from the Embassy of Kingdom of Belgium N° 2018/023 signed on 25th January 2018 on the transformation from BTC into Enabel.
The project on beekeeping, funded by the European Union, has a duration of 4 years with an inception phase of 6 months.
The project is taking place under the 11th EDF National Indicative Programme for Tanzania (2014-2020) in which Sustainable Agriculture is a focal sector with the specific objective to ”enhance management of natural resources, including forests, and ecosystem services for sustainable agriculture development and climate change adaptation”. The European Union Action Document for Beekeeping Value Chain Support contributes to that objective and also to the Planet and Prosperity pillars.
Your tasks and responsibilities as a Administrative Assistant:
• You support various administrative tasks (filing, archiving, and follow-up of documents…) in order to guarantee efficient support to the department/supervisor/co-workers/project.
• You organize internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences and missions. or events and ensure that information is disseminated to all participants or stakeholders. (e.g. Management of bookings, dispatch of invitations, prepare documentations for important meetings and workshops) etc
• You ensure adequate supplies of necessary materials for the proper functioning of the service.
• You ensure relevant correspondence and documents are filed and kept properly.
• You receive and welcome guests, receive phone calls and transfer them to right contacts in order to adequately address them and/or orient them towards the internal contact needed.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Accountant
Required qualifications and experience
• A Tanzanian National
• Diploma in Business Administration or Management from recognised institution.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Administrative tasks.
• Working in International NGO is an added advantage
Required skills and knowledge
• Good knowledge of Computer software (MS word, MS Excel etc.)
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Excellent management and organisational skills ;
• Good Listening and Comprehension skills.
• Excellent customer care skills.
• A Good Team Player
• A mastery of Time Management.
• You are fluent in spoken and written Swahili. Considering the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values
We offer you
• A fascinating job in an international environment.
• A contract of 23 months. You are based in Tabora Region.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 3), hospitalization/healthcare insurance, 13th month, double holiday allowance and reallocation allowance.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
The deadline for submitting the application is 16 October 2022.