Administrative Assistant – Foundation for Learning Project at Aga Khan University
- Company: Aga Khan University
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Administrative Assistant – Foundation for Learning Project
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network, AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
The university is looking for a candidate with excellent interpersonal skills and project management experience. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The support person to Project Office, provide administrative support for field-based activities that include teaching, research and monitoring and evaluation. The position may require travel to regional areas in East Africa.
Areas of responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Project Manager ensure project activities are planned, implemented and reported in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- Coordinate with Liaison Officers and Adjunct Faculty to ensure teaching and research activities are planned, implemented and reported in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- Establish and maintain efficient digital and paper filing systems.
- Process requests for travel, meetings and events.
- Coordinate project activity calendar.
- Take minutes of meetings and follow up action points.
- Any other project related administrative duties as assigned by Project Manager.
Reporting Relationship Reports to: Project Manager.
- Possess a Bachelor degree in Project Management or related field, Masters will be an added advantage.
- Previous administrative support experience in a professional office or academic environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Ability to prioritize tasks, process documents with careful attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to manage Online data storage.
- Ability to work in a multinational environment.
- Ability to use digital media equipment is an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and email contacts of three professional referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of relevant academic certificates as well as transcripts to, the Human Resources Department, Aga Khan University, Tanzania. P. O. Box 125 or by email to [email protected]. Applications by email are preferred.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications Deadline: July 02,2021