Administrative Assistant – Driver at Britam
- Company: Britam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The role holder will be responsible for driving company vehicles and providing messenger services. The role will report to the Senior Accountant.
- Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/ or other suppliers, conduct cash purchases for office expenditure
- Deliver insurance documents to intermediaries, clients and other stake holders
- Distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing
- Deliver correspondences to government authorities
- Facilitate airport pick-ups for directors and other officials as needed and transportation during official visits
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keeps track of general maintenance schedules (vehicle service)
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary
- Check oil and tires properly and keep the vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside
- Update monthly mileage records
- Maintain log book of each vehicle
- Assist other departments in logistics as needed
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard
Key Performance Measures
- Turnaround time
- Records keeping
- Accountable to the Senior Accountant
- Work with all the departments & branches
- Britam customers
- Service providers
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- At least 2 years working experience with a reputable organization.
- Valid driving license (class “C 3” preferred) with a clean driving record.
- At least form four with passes in English & Kiswahili.
- Excellent verbal communication skills (English & Kiswahili).
- Knowledge of Britam products
- Basic computer skills (Ms. Office and Internet)
- Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar es Salaam
: International Insurance Business
: Day Job
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th October, 2021.