Administrative Assistant at United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Company: United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Job no: 549047
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Dar-es-Salaam
Location: United Republic of Tanzania
Categories: Finance and Administration
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results
Under the supervision and guidance of the administrative Officer, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for executing a broad variety of routine tasks and some specialized for the respective section, requiring thorough knowledge of administrative procedures, processes, and policies. The Administrative Assistant is accountable for procedural and some specialized communications, operational and administrative support services
How can you make a difference?
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the budget monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
General Administrative and Protocol Duties
- Maintains admin related hard and electronic files, updates data bases ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping, and disposal of information.
- Provide general logistical support to visitors and individual contractors for services and physical space planning.
- Support in all protocol related matters to all office staff and consultants.
- Support in accommodation arrangements made for new International staff members, NatComs, consultants and official visitors
- Support in updates from host government protocol updates and changes.
- Update lease agreements and keep records and documentations
Office Planning & Project Management
- Ensures the availability of timely, complete and accurate information and data for preparing section work plans and project management plans.
- Undertakes basic research and performs comparative analysis of project/programme related data.
- Monitors project implementation against established milestones and makes recommendations to improve performance.
- Helps ensure timely compliance with agreed deadlines.
- Acts as focal point in the review of the completeness of data reports with key monitoring and evaluation information.
- Guide’s managers in the process of PCA/SSAs in line with the policies and guidance issued by FRG, supply division and DHR.
- Facilitates the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Maintains up-to-date vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters
Communications & Workflow
- Facilitates the communications and workflow of the organizational unit to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of operations and outputs.
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails and telephone calls.
- Communicates routine and some non-routine information pertaining to the work of the team.
- Establishes and maintains the office filing and reference systems, both traditional and digital; and ensures the inter/intra-net websites are up to date and accurate.
- Maintains office calendar and arranges meetings
- Takes minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arranges times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials on the intranet.
- Prepares and maintains agendas on meetings and events related to the work group commitments.
- Provides travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains, and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
- Monitors travel certification and report back to the team.
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in VISION.
- Uploads electronic files and verifies results to destination system.
- Responds to client transaction status and other inquiries.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating inventory of items.
- Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Arranges for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1),Works Collaboratively with others (1),Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1),Innovates and Embraces Change (1),Thinks and Acts Strategically (1),Drive to achieve impactful results (1)Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time
Deadline: E. Africa Standard Time
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd March, 2022.